Hastie exit: outspoken MP out, citing migration muzzle

Open Owted MP and liberal leadership candidate Andrew Hastie, Sussan Ley’s control over the surrounded side further left the front bench of the opposition.
Western Australian deputy, Mrs. Ley, the coalition’s opposition housework spokesman, despite the role of the react to immigration issues, he said that he resigned from the Shadow cabinet.
Hastie, on Friday evening, said, “This basis, I could not continue in this role and I could not remain silent about migration,” he said.
“In the Westminster system, if a member of the shadow cabinet does not want to live with a solidarity agreement, it is a well -established standard they should go to to Backbench.
“Therefore, I resign without respecting or respecting Sussan’s leadership.”
However, in a statement published shortly after Mr. Hastie’s, the opposition leader seemed to contradict the version of the events.
In a telephone conversation, the shadow cabinet solidarity will be “not in agreement ile with a long -standing and well -understood requirement” and that he would resign his position.
“Mr. Hastie did not bring any subject to the policy in this call,” he said.
Victoria Senator James Paterson will serve as an opposition spokesman for the interior before the official changes in the Shadow Cabinet.
“This important opposition portfolio is left empty today,” he said.
Mr. Hastie’s output comes after introducing the net zero emission targets and the abolition of migration, and introducing itself as a future leadership candidate.
Among a series of social media posts, which associate immigration with housing famine, Mr. Hastie said, uz We are starting to feel like foreigners in our own house ”.
The liberals specially expressed their disappointment when they had to talk about themselves instead of attacking labor or creating voter support, and they are afraid that they lost more acceleration after a terrible election result.
Mr. Hastie said that Ms. Ley deserves the opportunity to lead the coalition’s policy platform for the next election while “shadow cabinet colleagues are unaware of the interventions of their colleagues”.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as the Minister of Interior and I wish you every success in this period and wish you a shadow cabinet,” he said.
If Mr. Hastie was preserved, he had previously threatened to resign from the opposition front bank, but he did not take the same attitude under the former leader Peter Dutton.
The 43 -year -old said that Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price, who was removed because he did not support Mrs. Ley from the Shadow Ministry of Shadow and did not apologize for the comments that said the Indian community, received support.

Australian Associated Press is a beating heart of Australian news. AAP has been the only independent national Newswire of Australia and has been providing reliable and fast news content to the media industry, the government and the corporate sector for 85 years. We inform Australia.

