google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Gisèle Pelicot to attend appeals court as man convicted of raping her contests verdict | Gisèle Pelicot

Gisèle Pelicot, who survived almost ten years of rape, which contains dozens of men after being numbed by his ex -husband, will join the court on Monday on Monday on Monday, one of the men who were raped after being appealed against his decision.

Pelicot became a feminist hero after deciding to waive the anonymity right at the 2024 hearing of his ex -husband and 50 men last year.

His lawyer Antoine Camus said he would prefer not to face the ordeal of attending another hearing, but he would be ready for a four -day hearing at the Nîmes Appeal Court in Southern France.

Camus told Agency France-Presse to explain that rape is rape, there is no such thing as a small rape, ”he said.

44 -year -old Husamettin Daggan, a builder who was sentenced to nine years in prison for raping Pelicot, objected to his conviction.

Last year’s first trial heard that he had contacted her husband Dominique Pelicot in a chat room and went to the couple’s house in June 2019 the same night and said he went out to his wife. When he was unconscious, he was convicted of raping Gisèle Pelicot.

Dogan said last year’s first attempt he thought it was just a game. “I am not a rapist, it is too heavy to endure,” he said. His lawyer refused to comment before the appeal case.

At first, 17 of the 51 men convicted would object to the decision, but 16 of them gradually left and left only one objection.

Dominique Pelicot, one of the worst sex criminals in modern French history, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for inviting his wife to rape his wife and rape in his home in the south of France for almost decade.

Last year’s hearing in Avignon, Dominique Pelicot’s sleep tablets and anti-anxiety drugs Gisèle Pelicot crushed for potatoes, coffee or ice cream, and he invited dozens of men to rape him in the village of Mazan in the Southeast France, where the couple was dismissed. A total of 50 more people were found guilty.

Dominique Pelicot, who is now sentenced to prison in cell imprisonment, will appear as a witness in the case of the Court of Appeal. It is expected to repeat what he said at the first hearing: “I am a rapist and all the accused men in this room are rapists.”

A 72 -year -old Gisèle Pelicot, a former logistics manager, insisted on the public announcement of the first rape hearing to raise awareness of drug -related rape and abuse in 2024. “To be ashamed for us, not for us, for them,” he said in court.

The case had a major impact worldwide, supporting feminist groups on all continents Gisèle Pelicot and made a statement with the support of world leaders.

However, campaignists and lawyers said the case was a view of widespread and ordinary rape and sexual violence.

Last month, a 46 -year -old man in Normandy was sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping his wife while sleeping several times in 2022. Like Dominique Pelicot, he first caught the attention of the police because he first filmed a woman’s skirt in a supermarket. Like Dominique Pelicot, the inspectors later found the partner’s rape videos on their electronic devices.

The appeal case in the Pelicot case is among the increasing criticisms of the rape treatment of the French justice system. Since the first attempt last year, several damn reports showed that the French system continued to fail rape complaints on a large scale.

The European Court of Human Rights condemned the rights of three young people who gave rape this year for their “unable to” protect “.

A young man who accused more than a dozen fireman of abuse of the French justice system, who could not protect his dignity, was found to be exposed to “secondary victimization and discriminatory treatment by allowing the use of moral and guilty expressions that spread gender stereotypes”.

In another case, France, the assistant of a hospital pharmacist who complained to the president of the department, violated the European Convention on Human Rights.

This month, the High Equality Council, a advisory body of the French Prime Minister’s office a report In 2016, despite a three -storey increase in rape complaints in France since the worldwide #Metoo movement, the number of cases to be tried remained dangerously low and the number of rape convicts reached only 3.3% of the complaints.

More than 130 feminist groups CAMPAIGN FOR SWITTING REFORM From all levels of the French justice system in cope with rape, great financing increases and better state support and prevention.

Among these campaignists, Fondation des Femmes’s mother-Cécile Mailfert said last year that the Pelicot rape case was “some kind of electric shock, and many people allow many people to talk about rape and marriage rape. However, there is no political reaction. [in the justice system]. “

Parliament is currently debating to add a definition of rape based on rape to expressions in French law.

Marie-Charlotte Garin, a green deputy re-expressing the law, said that the Pelicot case has transformed the understanding of the consent of the French society and changed the expression of the law, and would help me move from a culture of rape to a culture of consent ”.

However, Garin said that the statements were not enough to address the constant “failures of the whole French state against victims of rape. “We need a revolution in the system to improve how we deal with rape,” he said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button