google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Andrew is in line for £500k payout and could stay in Royal Lodge ‘for months’ – as disgraced royal keeps place in line to throne despite losing Prince title

Andrew Mountbatten will not move into his new home on the Sandringham estate in Windsor until next year, according to reports.

The disgraced royal, 65, has already given up her lease at the 30-room Royal Lodge in Windsor but it could now be months before she moves out.

It is understood the delay will allow the Royal Family to avoid a potentially awkward encounter during their traditional Christmas celebrations at Sandringham.

The former Duke of York last night began the ‘long-term’ process of becoming a private citizen after being stripped of his title of Prince.

Buckingham Palace added that Andrew would be kicked out of the Royal Lodge, where he had been paying “some peppermint rent” for decades.

He will now move to a private property on the monarch’s Sandringham estate in Norfolk and will essentially be removed from royal life altogether.

But even though the estate sits on nearly 20,000 acres, there aren’t as many publicly known options for Andrew’s new home as expected.

It is understood Wood Farm, the five-bed property Prince Philip owns in retirement, has been ruled out as an option.

Rambling Park House, Princess Diana’s childhood home, has been vacant for more than five years but is unlikely to be deemed suitable as it has been used as a recreation center for disabled people for decades and is in need of refurbishment.

Other potential options include The Folly and Gardens House, both currently listed for holiday use.

Andrew, the former Duke of York, is seen leaving his home at the Royal Lodge in Windsor.

Buckingham Palace said on Thursday ‘censorships were deemed necessary’ amid the ongoing scandal over child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, whose ties Andrew lied about cutting ties with.

In a cold statement, the palace said: ‘Her Majesty would like to make it clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies remain with the victims and survivors of all forms of abuse.’

The brutal 109-word statement comes after weeks of renewed accusations triggered by The Mail on Sunday, which revealed bombshell emails that revealed the depth of his friendship with Epstein.

Coupled with Virginia Giuffre’s devastating memoirs, which revealed Andrew’s connections to shady businessmen and growing public anger over his advantageous lease on the Windsor estate, the King stripped him of his titles and accommodation.

According to royal experts, Andrew will now have to face a new reality; this reality could alienate him from his beloved daughters, Princess Eugenie and Beatrice.

Royal biographer Richard Fitzwilliams told the Daily Mail their relationship would ‘change dramatically’.

‘His daughters will want to stay away from him as much as possible. This will be devastating for them.’

Princesses Beatrice, 37, and Eugenie, 35, will retain their royal titles even though their father is no longer a prince.

Royal commentator and biographer Angela Levin told the Daily Mail the pair would want to stay as far away from him as possible, but they may have to “step in” and parent their father if he becomes “desperate”.

He said: ‘I think Andrew will feel very devastated about what happened. He was always very arrogant and confident because he was so smart.

‘It’s such a shame for him and his own children that everything has been taken away from him and that it’s happening in front of your children who are grown up and can understand what they’re being accused of.

‘If he has no one else he will have to lean on them.’

Prince AndrewBuckingham Palace

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button