Boeing defense workers approve new contract, ending more than 3-month strike

FILE PHOTO: A Boeing logo is seen before the opening of the 55th International Paris Airshow at Le Bourget Airport near Paris, France, on June 13, 2025.
Benoît Tessier | Reuters
Boeing’s Defense workers approved a new contract Thursday that will end a more than three-month strike that has delayed the manufacturer’s F-15 fighter jet production and other programs.
While workers rejected previous offers, their unions stated that the offers failed to address their concerns.
The contract proposal workers voted on Thursday includes a 24% wage increase over five years, as well as an upfront bonus of $6,000 from $3,000; however, this offer gets rid of Boeing’s previous offer of $4,000 as payment later.
Represented by International Machinists and Aerospace Workers District 837, mostly from St. Workers living in St. Louis went on strike on August 4, their first strike since 1996.
“We are proud of what our members have fought for together, and we are ready to get back to building the world’s most advanced military aircraft,” IAM Region 837 said in a statement Thursday. he said.
Boeing’s defense unit accounted for about 30% of Boeing’s $65.5 billion in sales in the first nine months of 2025.
“We are pleased with the results and look forward to bringing our entire team back together on November 17 to support our customers,” Boeing said.
“The strike impacted our fighter jet production, so the F-15, F-18 mods and some of our munitions are working,” CEO Kelly Ortberg said at a Morgan Stanley investor conference on Sept. 11.
Boeing hired workers for some of its products who were not represented by IAM during the strike, Ortberg said last month.
Union workers will return to Boeing factories on Sunday.
The defense unit comes nearly a year after more than 32,000 unionized machinists who produce commercial aircraft walked off the job for seven weeks following failed contract negotiations last year.



