Uttar Pradesh court fixes November 27 as next date of hearing in Hathras stampede case
The self-styled godman Surajpal is also known as Narayan Sakaar Hari aka Bhole Baba. File | Photo Credit: Sandeep Saxena
A local court on Thursday, November 20, 2025, recorded the statement of a police officer in the Hathras stampede case and fixed November 27 as the next date of hearing.
Defense lawyer Munna Singh Pundhir said that the statement of Sub-Inspector Neelesh Yadav, who was on duty in the area at the time of the incident, was recorded in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Mahendra Srivastava.

The judge later said he fixed the hearing for November 27, when more police officers would record their statements.
On July 2 last year, a stampede occurred in the congregation of self-described godman Surajpal alias Narayan Sakar Hari Baba (also known as Bhole Baba), killing 121 people, mostly women and children, and injuring many others.
The ‘satsang’ was being held between Mugalgadhi and Phulrai villages under Sikandra Rao police station limits in Hathras district.

According to officials, the Special Investigation Team has filed charges in the case and preliminary hearings in district court have been completed.
Police named Bhole Baba’s aide Devprakash Madhukar and 10 others as accused, holding them responsible for the tragedy. All are currently free on bail.
A 3,200-page indictment has been prepared against the defendant, and the trial continues.
It was published – 20 November 2025 17:32 IST




