google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Andrew fails to ‘come clean’ by missing US Congress Epstein deadline | Royal | News

Disgraced former prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has failed to meet a deadline set by the US Congress to respond to demands that he testify about his ties to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

According to GB News, a group of 16 members of Congress had given Andrew until today to respond to their request to appear before the House Oversight Committee.

In their letter to Andrew, MPs said: “The Committee is seeking to uncover the identities of Mr. Epstein’s associates and supporters and understand the full extent of his criminal operations.

“The well-documented allegations against you and your long-standing friendship with Mr. Epstein indicate that you may have knowledge of his activities relevant to our investigation.

“To ensure justice for the victims of Jeffrey Epstein, we request that you cooperate with the committee’s investigation by sitting down for a written interview with the committee.”

Andrew consistently denies allegations, Met Police find allegations insufficient

Andrew has persistently denied all allegations made against him and the Metropolitan Police have previously ruled that the allegations of sexual assault did not warrant further investigation.

Suhas Subramanyam, one of the 16 members of Congress who signed the letter, accused the former Duke of York of “hiding from us” earlier this week.

He warned Andrew that “if he hopes that by ignoring us and remaining silent the story will end, he will be sorely disappointed.”

Democrat urges Andrew to ‘come clean’ and testify voluntarily

When the request was first published on Nov. 6, Democratic Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi called on Andrew to “state it clearly.”

“Confess. Come before the US Congress and testify voluntarily,” he told BBC Newsnight.

The letter to Congress specifically mentions Virginia Giuffre and “discuss the following allegations: [Andrew] “He abused her when she was only 17.”

Andrew stripped of titles, denies wrongdoing

Andrew was stripped of his duke and prince titles earlier this month, but he continues to strongly deny any wrongdoing.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace announced: “Her Majesty has today begun a formal process to strip Prince Andrew of his Order, Titles and Honors.

“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.

“To date, his lease at Royal Lodge has provided him with legal protection to continue his residence.

“Formal notice has been given to abandon the lease and he will be moving to alternative private accommodation.

“These censorships are deemed necessary even though he continues to deny the allegations against him.”

PM Starmer keeps his distance and says it’s Andrew’s issue

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer distanced himself from the US Congress’ request, stating that it was Andrew’s “matter”.

While at Cop30, he told broadcasters: “After all, this is his personal matter.

“My view, and this is not about the individual case but more broadly, is that anyone who has relevant information should always be willing to give it to investigators who need that information.

“But the individual decision is his matter.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button