google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Major update on Meghan Markle’s dad’s health as he issues three-word statement | Royal | News

The Duchess of Sussex’s estranged father, Thomas Markle, posted a three-word update on his health. The 81-year-old man, who is recovering in hospital in the Philippines after his leg was amputated, said he had “a lot to celebrate” this Christmas.

According to reports, Mr. Markle is starting to learn to walk again and is waiting to be fitted with a prosthetic leg. His left leg is believed to have been amputated below the knee earlier this month after a blood clot in his foot cut off blood flow. Mr Markle thanked people “from around the world” who had wished him well as he shared details of his recovery.

To talk mail on sundayMr Markle said: “I do physiotherapy every day and I managed to sit on the edge of the bed and even stand on my one remaining leg with the help of a nurse and a walking aid. It was a great Christmas present.”

“There is still a long way to go, but I am so grateful to the wonderful doctors and nurses who took such good care of me.”

Mr. Markle has reportedly been moved to a rehabilitation unit at a hospital in Cebu as he continues to recover.

Earlier this year, Meghan’s half-brother Tom Jr. It is said that he moved to the city with him.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Tom Jr. celebrated Christmas with his father at his bedside.

He told the newspaper that Mr Markle was doing “remarkably well” and “in good spirits”, adding that he was “determined to walk again with the help of a prosthetic leg”.

Meghan’s spokeswoman confirmed the Duchess had reached out to Mr Markle via letter following her surgery.

It is stated that Mr. Markle, who is expected to spend at least three months in the hospital’s rehabilitation center, has long expressed his desire to reconcile with his daughter.

She is not believed to have met either her son-in-law Prince Harry or her grandchildren Archie, six, and Lilibet, four.

Mr Markle backed out of attending Harry and Meghan’s wedding seven years ago after suffering a heart attack after being caught posing for photos for paparazzi in the US.

Harry’s father, now the King, stepped in to walk Meghan down the aisle.

Mr Markle repeatedly spoke to the media and later claimed Meghan had been “shunned” by him.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button