google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Andrew went to intimate dinner with Epstein after his prison release, files suggest | Jeffrey Epstein

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor attended an intimate party with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein months after he was released from prison, files show.

The US justice department released another document on the disgraced financier on Friday.

These include emails from Hollywood journalist Peggy Siegal to several high-profile figures regarding a “last-minute casual dinner” for Mountbatten-Windsor, who was in New York for an “unofficial private visit” in December 2010.

The meeting is understood to have taken place at Epstein’s home in New York, where Mounbatten-Windsor was staying.

Mountbatten-Windsor has previously said the purpose of her trip was to cut ties with Epstein, who was jailed in July 2009 for child sex crimes. During the visit, Mountbatten-Windsor and Epstein were photographed walking together in Central Park.

The former prince said in the disastrous Newsnight interview that he chose to meet Epstein in person to end the friendship because he felt breaking the news “chicken on the phone was the way to do it”.

But newly released emails show Siegal prepared a guest list for what he described as a “very interesting, fast-paced and fun dinner” that included Mountbatten-Windsor and Epstein.

He invited film director Woody Allen and his wife Soon-Yi Previn; political strategist George Stephanopoulos and his wife, actor Alexandra Wentworth; journalist Katie Couric and talk show host Charlie Rose. It is unclear who eventually entered, but emails suggest Wentworth withdrew from the race because her children were ill.

In the emails, Siegal told Stephanopoulos: “Arrive on time and you will have special time with Andrew while he stays home.”

Epstein committed suicide in prison in 2019 as he faced new child sexual abuse charges. Mountbatten-Windsor withdrew from royal life and was stripped of her titles because of her connections to Epstein.

He reportedly made a £12 million payment to Virginia Giuffre in 2022. Giuffre, who killed herself last April, claimed she was forced to have sex with Mountbatten-Windsor after she was trafficked to him by Epstein. He has always strongly denied these allegations and made the payment without accepting any liability.

The files released on Friday also show that Epstein’s accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell sent an email to an address believed to belong to Mountbatten-Windsor, offering her condolences on the loss of her grandmother, the queen mother, who died in 2002.

It read: “Pea – I’m sorry you had to rush home, and under such sad circumstances. Although this death might be expected from someone so old, it doesn’t make it any less sad.”

“He was great and I’m glad I was able to meet and talk to him. We will date again. I love you. Gx.”

The next day, a reply from the account thought to belong to Mounbatten-Windsor, where the sender calls himself the Invisible Man, reads: “I received your message this morning. Sorry for missing you yesterday, I’ll call later today to chat. A xxx.”

Maxwell is serving a 20-year prison sentence in the United States for child sex trafficking.

In another email from the same account, the sender asks someone whose name has been changed if they have any more children and labels them “super sperm.”

The email said: “Sorry – I’m in Los Angeles to go to Hawaii. Is it true you have more children? I’m going to have to refer to you as super sperm!”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button