US Secret Service shoot dead man armed with shotgun at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort

A gunman was shot and killed after entering the secure perimeter of President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the U.S. Secret Service said.
Although Trump often spends weekends at the resort, he was at the White House at the time of this incident. First Lady Melania Trump was also with the president at the White House on Saturday night.
The name of the person who was shot was not disclosed. According to the Secret Service, he was “observed at the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying a shotgun and what appeared to be a fuel canister.” The incident occurred at 01.30 local time on Sunday.
The suspect, who is in his early 20s and hails from North Carolina, was reported missing by his family a few days ago. Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said investigators believe he left North Carolina and headed south, picking up a shotgun along the way.
Guglielmi said the gun box was found in his vehicle.
Guglielmi said the man went through Mar-a-Lago’s north gate as another vehicle exited and confronted Secret Service agents. Agents encountered the gunman and he was fatally shot.
Investigators are trying to establish a psychological profile and the motive for the incident is still under investigation.
He was shot by Secret Service agents and a Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy, the agency said.
Trump has faced threats to his life before. He was injured during an assassination attempt during a campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, 2024.
Then on September 15, 2024, a man armed with a rifle was captured waiting near Trump’s golf course in West Palm Beach while the President was playing a round. He was sentenced to life in prison earlier this month.
The White House did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

