Six-Hour Notice, Third Country: US Migrants Face Sudden Deportation Without Safety Assurances Under New ICE Rule | World News

Washington: They may be sleeping when they are. They can be at work, collect their children or get rid of surgery. With a six -hour difference, it can be said that they have been deported to people who have been living in the United States for decades for decades, without any promise of protection and the chance to say goodbye to the countries where they do not seek the house.
A note from the top of America’s immigration executive system revealed the storm. He doesn’t read it like an emergency situation. However, for thousands of immigrants, it can mean exile with the moment of a finger.
The note, published by the ice director Todd Lyons, follows a high court green light that allows immigrant officials to deport immigrants to third countries to the third countries, even if they have not promised to keep them safe to those who are not ready to accept immigrants and to keep them safe.
There will be no trial. It may not even be a day to pack. In Honest Conditions ”, ICE can now deport only someone who has a six -hour notification. In other cases, 24 hours will be enough. And if the deported country has already given diplomatic security guarantee? There is no legal requirement to inform immigrants before being placed on a flight.
Opened to the public through internal notes and reported first Washington PostThe plan represents a dramatic change in the US immigration. The abolition of immigrants with origin countries skips a long -standing practice in negotiating and puts them in sudden endangers of thousands of long -term US inhabitants.
It doesn’t matter whether someone has a job. A family. A child at school. A green card waiting. If his own countries do not accept them, Ice can now send it to one third. Sometimes, where they do not speak language, they do not have a family and may encounter torture.
Trina Realmuto, General Manager of the National Immigration Alliance, is putting thousands of lives at the risk of persecution and torture, ”he said.
The group suits President Donald Trump on policy shift. “People will disappear from their homes for hours without understanding what’s going on or where they were taken,” he said.
Simon Sandoval-Moshenberg, a lawyer representing the targeted immigrants under this policy, reiterated his fears. “Thousands of thousands of people will be affected. These people think that their lives in the United States are stable. They are dangerous.
A man who was involved in the case was already deported and kidnapped and sent to Mexico, where he was raped. He had no connection with Mexico. He was coming from Guatemala. The case was used to claim that deportation without security guarantee, as well as others, violated us and international laws.
The contract against torture, approved by the United States in 1994, prohibits governments from transferring someone to a country where they will face inhuman treatment. However, the note from ICE shows that fear alone will not stop the removal. A person should clearly indicate his fear after receiving a 24 -hour exile notification. But then they will be scanned. And this screening must also take place within 24 hours.
Some immigrants may not know that they are allowed to speak. Some of them can never find a chance.
Earlier this year, a US Regional Court judge prevented the Trump version of this policy and decided that people should be informed for 10 days and that they should be given a “meaningful opportunity to be deported. However, on June 23, the conservative majority of the Supreme Court came in. In a short and unsigned statement, they reversed the sub -court’s decision. No explanation was made.
Justice Sonia Sotomayor opposition. “On life and death issues,” he wrote, “It is best to advance carefully. In this case, the government adopted the opposite approach.”
The internal security secretary Kristi NOEM has now prepared the ground for ICE to allow ICE to skip official diplomatic processes and to accept the third country agreements approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The new deportation system was born from this shift.
The note also reveals that the ice officials should ask if the deported person is afraid of the persecution. Unless the immigrant speaks first, they will still be removed.
Immigration defenders say that policy is not only targeting the immigrants without document, but also asylum seekers, work permit holders and families with mixed immigration status. He questioned the future of thousands of people living in the United States for years – people who think they have been safe.
Realmuto, “This is a law betrayal, necessary process and morality,” he said.



