Iran reports new attack on key Natanz nuclear facility

Iran reported that there was a new attack on the Natanz nuclear facility, one of the country’s most important uranium enrichment areas.
The underground facility was targeted on Saturday but no radioactive material was released, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported, citing Iranian officials.
According to the report, there is no danger to the public living near the facility.
The White House said that the main purpose of the war it started with Israel on February 28 was to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
A post on Iran’s X channel stated that Iran notified the International Atomic Energy Agency that the Natanz field was attacked on Saturday.
Israel sees Iran’s nuclear and missile programs as the greatest existential threat.
In early March, the International Atomic Energy Agency confirmed new damage to the entrance buildings of the underground enrichment facility at Natanz.
The US and Israel had already bombed Iran’s nuclear infrastructure in June 2025.
Following these attacks, President Donald Trump said Iran’s nuclear facilities were “completely and utterly destroyed.”
Tehran has rejected efforts to develop nuclear weapons.
– via Reuters



