Epstein victims sue Trump administration, Google

A tablet screen shows a portrait of Jeffrey Epstein next to a page of the U.S. Department of Justice website titled Epstein Library, February 11, 2026.
Veronique Tournier | Afp | Getty Images
The victim of notorious sex predator Jeffrey Epstein filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday against the Trump administration on behalf of herself and other survivors. Google Alleging that he wrongfully disclosed and published personal information about them.
to be suitable, filed U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CaliforniaWhere Google is headquartered, Ministry of Justice It “outed” nearly 100 Epstein survivors in late 2025 and early 2026, and said that even after the government acknowledged the mistake and retracted the information, “online organizations like Google continually republished it and denied the victim’s request to remove it.”
Regarding Google, the lawsuit states that the company’s underlying search engine and its AI summary feature, called AI mode, are responsible for publishing victims’ personal information.
“Survivors now face renewed trauma,” the lawsuit states. “Strangers are calling them, emailing them, threatening their physical safety, and accusing them of conspiring with Epstein, when in reality they are his victims.”
The complaint was filed by an Epstein victim who used the alias Jane Doe.
After months of pressure, the Justice Department released more than 3 million documents earlier this year. additional pages Documents, including images and videos, related to Epstein. In August 2019, Epstein killed himself in a New York City jail, weeks after he was arrested on federal child sex trafficking charges.
By taking over Google, plaintiffs are testing whether a major safety net for internet companies and social media sites has its limitations. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act governs speech on the internet and has long allowed major U.S. platforms to avoid liability for content that appears on their websites and apps.
With the explosion of AI-generated content and new debates about the publication of non-consensual sexual images, including deepfake porn, internet giants face a new challenge in asserting their turf. Earlier this month, Google was sued in a wrongful death lawsuit by the father of a 36-year-old man who claimed the company’s Gemini chatbot convinced his son to attempt a “mass death attack” and eventually commit suicide.
The lawsuit filed by Epstein survivors alleges that Google “intentionally” fueled abuse by containing information about victims through its design, and says its AI Mode feature “is not a neutral search index.” The complaint follows two grand jury verdicts this week, both against Meta and involving Google’s YouTube; It concluded that online platforms were not adequately policing their sites for content that caused real-life harm.
New Mexico Attorney General Raúl Torrez, who is leading his state’s lawsuit against Meta, told CNBC this week: “There is a distinct possibility that these cases will motivate Congress to reexamine Section 230 and dramatically revise it, if not eliminate it.”
The latest lawsuit alleges that Google’s AI-generated content exposed personal information about victims. He said Google’s AI Mode responds to queries asking for such details.
The complaint alleges that the government has failed in the past to force tech platforms to remove materials, allowing victims’ information to be exposed.
“As part of this response, which was repeatedly crafted across multiple platforms and various devices, Google’s AI Mode included the Plaintiff’s full name, displayed the full email address, and created a hypertext link that allowed anyone to email the Plaintiff directly with a single click,” the lawsuit says.
Representatives from Google and the Trump administration did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
— CNBC’s Dan Mangan and Jonathan Vanian contributed to this report.
WRISTWATCH: Goldman Sachs’ top lawyer resigns




