google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

World Cup safety in disarray as White House team face new challenge | US | News

Security concerns over the upcoming World Cup tournament have increased as the White House shuffles staff to deal with a “new challenge.” Experts called on those responsible for security details to be careful at the sports event to be hosted by the USA, Canada and Mexico.

President Donald Trump’s team is already spiraling as it deals with a new wave of security concerns, says a drone industry official granted anonymity to talk about White House preparations.

The unnamed source said the team was looking for a scapegoat in case anything goes wrong at the 2026 World Cup, while addressing legitimate threats from hosting an international competition.

To talk Policyanonymous drone expert said: “When something happens or an incident happens, there will be a lot of finger pointing. Everyone will be looking for a scapegoat.”

Further challenges arise from the implementation of a new set of laws in understanding and outlining the security measures that apply to sports tournaments. The anonymous drone expert added: “You have to actually enforce the law now and the timing is terrible because they’re trying to enforce it at the same time they’re trying to enforce it and it’s challenging. The rules are still being written.”

FBI Director Kash Patel said that efforts are being made to increase the number of trained personnel who can deal with the drone threat that affects matches and general security and develop strategies against this threat.

But the time spent training individuals for the World Cup is limited, and despite the best efforts of Trump’s team, there is a huge backlog.

Talking about a training center that recently opened in Alabama, Patel drew attention to the struggle regarding security in his recent statement. He said: “The waiting list is long. Every agency in the country wants their police officers there.”

The unnamed drone official claimed that the academy graduates “every three weeks”. The 2026 World Cup will begin on June 11 and end on July 19 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Earlier this week, FIFA announced that Shakira, Madonna and BTS will co-headline the first World Cup final halftime show. The fusion of Latin, pop and Korean music is considered a partnership that captures the best of sounds from all corners of the world.

The performers for the World Cup halftime show were hand-picked by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, who announced the lineup via a social media video featuring characters from Sesame Street and the Muppets. “This is a chance to show how amazing different types of people are,” he told Elmo.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button