google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Donald Trump praises ‘gesture of goodwill’ from Iran | World | News

US President Donald Trump praised Iran’s “goodwill gesture” following the release of a US citizen after being detained 19 months ago.

The United States and Iran have been engaged in sporadic clashes since February 28, when the United States and Israel launched a joint attack on several key regions of Iran. Iran retaliated by striking sites in the region and blocking the critical Strait of Hormuz waterway.

In his post on Truth Social on Wednesday, July 15, Trump wrote: “Iran allowed an American citizen who was wrongfully detained under the ‘presidency’ of Sleepy Joe Biden to leave the country in December 2024.”

“He is now safely out of Iran and in good condition.

“The United States appreciates this goodwill gesture from Iran!”

Also on Wednesday, Iran was shaken by new US attacks.

In a statement sent to X, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) wrote: “U.S. forces struck Iran’s command centers, air defense facilities, missile and drone capabilities, and coastal surveillance facilities to further weaken Iran’s ability to threaten innocent sailors working on commercial ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

“CENTCOM used precision munitions to hit targets in many locations, including Bandar Abbas.

“Early this morning, American forces struck coastal defense and cruise missile sites on Great Tunb Island during a 90-minute wave.

“The US military is holding Iran accountable as directed by the Commander in Chief.”

The United States and Iran have withdrawn from a short-term peace deal aimed at ending the conflict permanently.

On June 17, the United States and Iran signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to end the war within 60 days.

Washington and Tehran have been trying to broker a lasting peace deal to end the conflict, restore international shipping through the vital Strait of Hormuz, and resolve an ongoing dispute over Tehran’s nuclear program.

The Daily Express recently reported that Iran announced it was completely withdrawing from the MoU on what it said were American violations.

Kazem Garibabadi, the country’s Deputy Minister of Law and International Affairs, said Iran will “exercise full sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz, regardless of the cost.”

US President Donald Trump He said at the NATO summit held in Türkiye last week that the ceasefire was “over”.

“I don’t want to deal with them anymore. They’re scum,” he told reporters.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button