TikTok owner ByteDance plans employee stock buyback, values company at over $330 billion
Krystal Hu, Julie Zhu and Kane Wu
Hong Kong (Reuters) -Bytedance, owner of Tiktok, the short video application, will start a new employee -recycling of the three people who continue to value the Chinese technology giant more than $ 330 billion.
The company plans $ 200.41 of the employees per share in the receipt program, people increased by $ 5.5% than $ 189.90, which values them about $ 315 billion about $ 315 billion.
The recruitment is expected to start in autumn.
People, the latest reproduction in a higher valuation, the Baytan, the second quarter income increased by 25% annually, as the world’s largest social media company came together with income, he said.
This jump resulted in the company’s second quarter income reached approximately $ 48 billion, and two people said it was from the Chinese market because the US continued to face political pressure to disposal.
Reviewed valuation and the second quarter income growth details have not been reported before. The sources refused to be named because they were not authorized to discuss information with the media.
ByTedance did not respond immediately to the request for comments.
In the first quarter, the bayta’s income increased over $ 43 billion, and during this period, Facebook and Instagram owner Meta became the world’s number 1 social media company with 42.3 billion dollars of sales.
Both companies have continued sales growth in the second quarter by over 20% and helped the demand for solid advertising.
ByTedance’s reputation every two years allows private company employees to pay some assets and reflect a balance sheet strengthened by expanding domestic and international enterprises.
It is becoming more widespread to carry out regular recension to keep private companies in order to keep them in the hands of employees without exit, such as the first public offering.
Many, including SpaceX and Openai, use external investor capital to finance these programs. ByTteans has been contrary to using its balance sheet in the signal of financial flexibility and healthy margins.
Byttance is considered one of China’s artificial intelligence leaders, which has invested billions of dollars to buy Nvidia chips, build infrastructure related to artificial intelligence, and develop models.
Although Meta’s passing over income this year, the valuation of the Bayan continues to be less than one -fifth of the market’s market value of approximately 1.9 trillion dollars – a gap analyst refers to political and regulatory risks in the United States
Washington faces intense pressure in Washington, where deputies express national security concerns about Chinese ownership.
Last year, the Congress was faced with a ban on the application of Tiktok’s disposal of US assets or 170 million US users until 19 January 2025.
President Donald Trump gave more than one scoop to Tiktok and extended the deadline for the company to increase US assets to September 17 last week. He said that the US buyers were ranked for Tiktok and the deadline could be pushed again.
Some MPs criticized the delay, argued that his administration had changed the law and that China was ignoring the national security concerns about Tiktok.
Two people are profitable as a company, but Tiktok said that the US business is lost so far. Tiktok did not respond to Reuters’ request.
If Tiktok’s sale of the US business is concluded, an American investor consortium that will protect a minority shares is expected to have a joint attempt by Baytansı.
Reuters, the Consortium, which emerged as Frontrunner, BYTEDANCE’s existing shareholders Susquehanna International Group, General Atlantic and KKR, as well as Andreessen Horowitz’i includes.
Blackstone recently left the consortium after a few delays in the timeline of the agreement.
The recruitment of the new row can help to increase morale among US -based staff who are concerned about the uncertain future of Tiktok.
Tiktok is also trying to prepare a potential independent application for US users, resources have told Reuters before, but it remains unclear whether Trump will conclude any emergency plan between Beijing and ongoing trade talks.
(Reporting by Julie Zhu and Kane Wu in Krystal Hu and Hong Kong in San Francisco;

