PM KP Oli revokes social media ban in country as 19 killed, 347 injured

The decision emerges with increasing criticisms on the pavements on the anger of the public. Know what Nepal PM says below.
Nepal Prime Minister KP Oli canceled the social media ban in the country because 19 people were killed and 347 were injured in major protests on Monday. The decision emerges with increasing criticisms on the pavements on the anger of the public. “We will ensure the use of media,” said PM Oli said, accessing citizens to communication platforms will not be restricted.
Nepal PM expresses grief against deaths
Pm Oli, who expressed his grief on deaths, claimed that the government forced the public property to use force to prevent the damage to the public property “undesirable elements in the peaceful demonstration”. “The government intends to organize them, not to prohibit social media sites,” he said.
Interior minister resign
Interior Minister Ramesh Lekhak resigned from the situation in the country by taking moral responsibility. The Nepal army was deployed in the capital after the situation worsened. The army staff took control of roads surrounding the Parliament Complex in New Baleshwor.
Thousands of protests
Previously, thousands of young people, including school students under the flag of Gen Z, organized a major protest in front of the parliament in the heart of Katmantdu and shouted anti -government slogans that demanded the immediate cancellation of the ban. Eyewitnesses were intensified when some protesters entered the parliamentary complex, the police asked the police to use water balls, tear gas and live tours.
Social Media ban on Nepal
On Thursday, the government banned 26 social media sites, including Facebook, WhatsApp, X, Instagram and YouTube, because it did not register with the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology on the deadline given.

