google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Flash floods in Indonesia leave at least 15 people dead and 10 missing | Indonesia

Savior, two people who died in the flash flood in the state of Indonesia saved the bodies, the authorities said that the other 10 people are missing.

The heavy rains that started on Monday have caused floods and landslides in Eastern Nusa Tenggara province and tourist Bali Island.

On Wednesday, the savior rescued the bodies of a mother, and that her child was buried under the mud in Maupongo’s worst hit village, and a man in the neighboring locality village in the neighboring locality in the Nagekeo region of East Nusa Naggara.

Previously, three members of a family were found dead, after felling their houses and fell lost in the village of Mauponggo.

According to the National Disaster Reduction Agency spokesman Abdul Muhari, the rescuers in Bali took the body of a woman near the Badung market in the state capital of Denpasar on Wednesday. He said that the savior is still looking for six missing people in the state.

Bali’s Search and Rescue Agency President Nioman Sidakarya found eight bodies, including four people in a swept building in the Kumbasari market area of ​​South Denpasar.

Rain, rivers in Bali, nine cities and region to tear off the banks caused the banks.

Mud, rocks and trees rolled into the remains of the mountain and rising rivers sank at least 112 neighborhoods, and Bali’s disaster reduction agency said in a statement, resulted in several landslides.

The videos published by the National Search and Rescue Agency showed the cars floating in muddy waters, while the soldiers and rescuers on rubber boats helped children and elderly people who were forced to the roofs of houses and buildings under the waters.

September 10, 2025, Denpasar, Bali after a night after the heavy rain was shot by the flood collapsed in a fabric store scattered in a fabric store. Photo: Dicky Bisinglasi/Reuters

Thousands of houses and buildings in the settlement areas and touristic places are suppressed.

Bali Governor Wayan Koster, authorities by cutting electricity and water to use hotels, restaurants, hospitals and other public facilities to use generators, he said.

Karangasem, Gianyar and Badung regions in the 18 neighborhoods of landslide and at least 15 shops and home swept away and a few ways and bridges said damage.

“This disaster also caused financial losses for merchants and tourism enterprises, Kos Koster added that more than 800 people are in temporary shelters after the flood water reached 2.5 meters.

Local Disaster Mitigation Agency President Agustinus Pone said that the flash floods in Nagekeo have passed the villagers and vehicles through the destroyed villages, and that he was at least six peasants and four people were missing.

He said that the severe air and rugged land prevented the rescue efforts and that Selin de two bridges in Nagekeo, two government offices, one plantation, rice fields and animal husbandry.

The heavy seasonal rain from September to March often causes floods and landslides in Indonesia.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button