google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Barcelona in Miami: Oviedo and Espanyol players stage 15-second protest against La Liga

In the statement of AFE, it was stated that similar demonstrations will be held in the remaining matches of La Liga this weekend.

However, the union did not request participation from Barcelona and Villarreal players to avoid this being “interpreted as a possible measure against any club”.

The statement continued as follows: “The Spanish Footballers’ Association, in the face of La Liga’s constant refusals and unrealistic proposals, categorically rejects a project that does not have the approval of the main players of our sport and demands from the employers’ association the creation of a negotiation table where all information is shared and the exceptional features of the project are analyzed, the needs and concerns of the football players are addressed, labor rights are protected and compliance with existing regulations is ensured. is guaranteed.”

The BBC has contacted La Liga for comment.

The confirmation of the Miami match comes after the Italian football federation (FIGC) allowed the Serie A match between AC Milan and Como to be played in Perth, Australia, in February.

Earlier on Friday, Barcelona coach Hansi Flick said he was unhappy that his players had to travel to the United States to play a La Liga match.

“My players are not happy, I am not happy either, but La Liga decided to play this game,” Flick said at a press conference.

While Real Madrid expressed its objection when the fixture was announced, stating that the consequences would be “very serious”, UEFA “reluctantly” approved this move.

This week, RFEF president Rafael Louzan said the move was “good for football”, while Barcelona president Joan Laporta praised the decision when it was confirmed, adding that the match “will definitely be a great spectacle”.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button