Bessent Says Trump’s Threat of TikTok Shutdown Delivered Deal

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said that the threat of social media practice to allow Tiktok to darkened in the United States signed a framework agreement that seals a framework agreement of the platform in Madrid.
BESENT and US Trade Representative Jamieson Greer met with Chinese colleagues in Spain for several hours of negotiations to conclude the transfer of the application. The negotiations stopped on Monday afternoon, when the US side was considering a list of what he described as “aggressive questions ın by the Chinese.
“The Chinese described it as compensation for Tiktok – came with a big question list, Bess Bessent said in an interview in Madrid after the negotiations ended. “We were able to give up the idea that we took part in big data with President Trump’s ambassador Greer and the leverage given to myself.”
“What they got was the promise of things that wouldn’t be instead of removing things,” he said, ”
Trump previously said that he and Chinese President Xi Jinping will talk on Friday, previously on a social media broadcast. At a press conference, Bessent said the two leaders would be to “complete the agreement”.
A US official said that on Monday, a face -to -face summit meeting between Trump and XI, Tiktok, a face -to -face summit between Trump and XI in South Korea, South Korea, with China, Late in South Korea. Authorized, on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive issue, a Trump state’s visit to China will come out of the table, he said.
This article was created from an automatic news agency feeding without changing the text.



