google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Police arrest three more people on suspicion of terror offences in connection with Manchester synagogue attack as detectives reveal ‘Islamist extremist’ had been seen 15 minutes before rampage

Three more people were arrested on suspicion of terrorism crimes regarding the Manchester synagogue attack.

A total of six people were detained after two people died in a terrible attack on the Hebrew Park Hebrew Community Synagogue.

The attacker, 35-year-old Cihad Al-Shamie, was shot and killed by officers at the scene only seven minutes after the first 999 call.

In an update this evening, the detectives saw suspiciously moving near the synagogue 15 minutes before the attack.

Al-Shamie, born in Syria, faced security before going away.

He then returned in his car at 9.31 in the morning – and after he put the vehicle into the crowd who worshiped, he started to stab people randomly.

Against Terror Director Laurence Taylor said: ‘The witness accounts said that a man had seen suspicion outside the synagogue before confronting security and away from the synagogue.

“ Based on the information we have now, we do not believe that this was notified to the Great Manchester police because the man had left the region.

‘After about 15 minutes, the person returned to a vehicle and began his terrible attack.’

They added: ‘At this stage, we believe that Al-Shamie was influenced by extreme Islamist ideology. It will take some time to determine the full conditions of the attack.

The attacker, 35-year-old Cihad Al-Shamie, was shot and killed by officers at the scene only seven minutes after the first 999 call.

35-year-old Al-Shamie targeted the Heaton Park Synagogue in Manchester on Thursday. He is believed to be a father and is depicted holding a child

35-year-old Al-Shamie targeted the Heaton Park Synagogue in Manchester on Thursday. He is believed to be a father and is depicted holding a child

The road to which the arrests took place was taken under the cordon of the White House Boulevard, which was approximately 1,500FT from the Synagogue, and was taken under the armed guards

The road to which the arrests took place was taken under the cordon of the White House Boulevard, which was approximately 1,500FT from the Synagogue, and was taken under the armed guards

“ Now we have arrested three people, one male and two women among the mid -18 and 40s.

‘This brings the number of people in custody on suspicion of the commission for the preparation and encouragement of terrorist acts.

‘We will look for more detained for all six people and then try to make an update on this issue.

This is a last minute news story – more to be followed

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button