google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Trump says US won ‘total and complete victory’ after ceasefire deal with Iran, AFP reports

April 7 (Reuters) – The United States has won a complete and total “victory” after agreeing to a two-week ceasefire agreement with Iran, US President Donald Trump told AFP on Tuesday.

“Complete and complete victory. 100 percent. There’s no doubt about it,” Trump told AFP during the brief meeting when asked if he was claiming victory with the ceasefire.

Trump said the United States had received a 10-point proposal from Iran and that it was “a workable basis for negotiation.”

But Trump said, “You’ll have to see,” when asked about Iran’s initial threats to destroy civilian power plants and bridges if the deal falls apart, according to an AFP report.

The report stated that Trump insisted that Iran’s nuclear material would be covered by any peace agreement.

“This will be handled perfectly or I wouldn’t have made this deal,” Trump told AFP, without giving any details of what would happen to the uranium.

Trump, who has suggested varying goals and timelines for the war, reiterated that he felt Washington’s goals had been achieved.

(Reporting by Anusha Shah in Bengaluru; Editing by Christian Schmollinger and Kim Coghill)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button