PM Modi Congratulates US President Trump On ‘Historic Gaza Peace Plan,’ Discusses Trade Progress | India News

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he had a telephone conversation with US President Donald Trump on Thursday, congratulating him on the success of the historic Gaza peace plan and reviewing the progress in bilateral trade talks.
“I spoke to my friend President Trump and congratulated him on the success of the historic Gaza peace plan. I also reviewed the good progress made in trade negotiations. Agreed to remain in close contact in the coming weeks,” the Prime Minister wrote on
I spoke to my friend President Trump and congratulated him on the success of the historic Gaza peace plan. They also reviewed the good progress made in trade negotiations. We agreed to stay in close contact over the coming weeks. @POTUS @realdonaldtrump—Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 9, 2025
Add Zee News as Preferred Source
The leaders also discussed the ongoing cooperation between India and the United States, especially in the areas of trade, investment and regional stability. The meeting highlighted the ongoing interaction between the two sides amid important diplomatic developments in the Middle East.
Hailed by both countries as a step towards lasting stability in the region, the “Gaza peace plan” attracted international attention with its focus on dialogue and reconstruction efforts. Earlier today, Prime Minister Modi announced his support for the initiative. Prime Minister Modi said on channel X: “We welcome the agreement on the first phase of President Trump’s peace plan. This is also a reflection of the strong leadership of Prime Minister Netanyahu. We hope that the release of the hostages and the provision of more humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza will bring them respite and pave the way for lasting peace.”
The phone call follows major developments in the Middle East, where Hamas has reportedly agreed to release all Israeli hostages currently held in Gaza. The move is widely seen as a response to a renewed peace drive spearheaded by US President Donald Trump, who announced a 20-point peace plan earlier this week.
In a statement via Telegram, Hamas confirmed its desire to immediately begin negotiations and transfer the administration of Gaza to a non-partisan, technocratic Palestinian body supported by Arab and Islamic nations.
President Trump’s peace initiative reportedly includes provisions for an immediate ceasefire, the return of all hostages within 72 hours, and the establishment of a ‘Peace Board’, an interim international body to oversee the reconstruction of Gaza.
The proposed body would include President Trump himself and other global figures such as former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. Approximately 48 hostages are currently believed to remain in Gaza, with approximately 20 confirmed alive. The international community is watching the developments closely.

