google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Trump warns of ‘fairly substantial’ chip tariffs; signals Apple, others safe

On September 4, 2025, the Washington DC was. Meta Platform Inc. and Mark Zuckerberg, the Chief Executive Officer of US President Donald Trump.

Bloomberg | Bloomberg | Getty Images

President Donald Trump reiterated a warning that it will implement “very important” tariffs from companies that do not shift production to the USA to the USA, but will back up companies that expand investments like Apple.

Trump commented during a dinner at the White House on Thursday night, more than two dozen technology leader Apple CEO TIM COOK, MetaMark Zuckerberg and Prophecy CEO Bile Catz.

The President said, “I discussed people, chips and semiconductors here and we will put tariffs for non -coming companies.” He said.

He continued: “We will put a tariff after a very short time. You probably hear that we will put a very important tariff or that we will make a very important tariff, not so high.”

During an event last month with Cook, Trump said he would apply 100% tariffs to semiconductor imports, and at that time he would exempt products from companies that carried their production to the United States to the United States, and that Apple added a statement of $ 500 billion in February.

During the event on Thursday, Trump said that “Tim Cook will be in a good condition” regarding potential import taxes.

The US has been working on the shore of the semiconductor supply chain for many years. Since 2020, like the world’s largest semiconductor companies TSMC And Samsung Electronics has committed hundreds of billions of dollars to build plants in the USA

Therefore, these large semiconductor companies are expected to receive exemption within the scope of Trump’s potential tariffs. However, many aspects of tariffs and exceptions for companies investing in the United States remain uncertain.

On Thursday, Trump simply presented a few details, saying, “If they go in, they plan to come, they won’t be a tariff.”

The rest of the dinner, Openai Sam Altman’s founding partner Sergey Brin shower from Openai’dan Sam Altman, praised the President for their pro -business and AI stance.

In June this year, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who made a public saliva with Trump, did not have dinner. However, he said he was invited to the social media platform X, but would not participate and send a representative.

Before dinner, First Lady Melania Trump made a speech with senior Trump management officials and technology CEOs for the second meeting of the task force of the White House task force.

The first lady emphasized the importance of AI’s education and American progress, but we should “manage the growth of AI in a responsible way”.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button