google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Chinese investment banker Bao Fan released from detention after two years, source says | China

Bao Fan, the founder of Star Demeler and Boutique Investment Bank China Renaissance Holdings, was published more than two years after being detained by Chinese authorities, according to a person with information on the subject.

China Renaissance sent shock waves in 2023 that it announced that it had approximately 49% of its shares that founded and published the bank with two people in 2005 through the country’s financial sector. The company’s share price was detained as a result of the tank.

In recent years, it has been one of the most high-profile executives in China, China, with a little explanation between a comprehensive anti-corruption campaign led by President Xi Jinping.

Beijing, while pressing the “generous lifestyle” of the “financial elite”, the disappearance shook professionals in the banking industry of the world’s largest economy.

The release of China’s work comes to trying to increase the occupational trust for technology entrepreneurs who are struggling for years under pressure.

The private sector embraces a wider trade tension with the US against the weak internal consumption and a long -term debt crisis in the real estate sector.

“This is definitely a positive signal, because BAO is the highest profile financier detained in recent years,

“Nevertheless, the fact that the anti -corruption campaign continues to be shaken in the financial sector, and the common welfare campaign has led to wage limits and even oil,” he said. “China’s financial sector is far from the brightest period just a few years ago.”

On Friday, when the source refused to be defined because information is not public, Bao, considered one of the most linked bankers in China, was detained at the beginning of this week.

Driving greeting companies Didi and Kuaidi, food distribution giants Meituan and Dianping and Ctrip and Qunar travel platforms, including the combination of high -profile agreements.

China Renaissance Bao has not yet responded to Reuters’ requests for comments. Chinese media Caixin said that Bao was first published and referred to unidentified sources.

China Renaissance’s shares increased by 17% on Friday and closed from $ 6.87 ($ 0.8752) before the news was released.

Bao, who previously worked in Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley, disappeared in February 2023. After delaying the publication of the annual results of the motherland Chinese authorities, which detained the general manager of the bank, Chinese Renaissance trade shares were suspended in April 2023.

A Chinese financial publication reported in May 2023 was detained by disciplinary and audit officials. The authorities have not yet provided a statement. China Renaissance continued to trade its shares in September last year. They fell 72% on the opening days.

Sources said that he had previously been taken to Reuters to help an investigation into an ex -colleague.

Xie Yi Jing, who founded China Renaissance, chaired Bao in February last year.

Later, Bao’s wife, Hui Yin Ching, was appointed as president to lead the boutique investment bank in October and made changes in other top management.

Reporting by Reuters Beijing and Hong Kong Newsroom; Editing by Sumeet Chatterjee, Kim Coghill and Gareth Jones

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button