Epstein files: US Justice Department finds a million more documents potentially tied to convicted sex offender

The US Department of Justice has found more than a million more documents potentially linked to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein; While the full release of this document was delayed for weeks, authorities redacted the details to protect victims.
President Donald Trump’s administration has begun releasing files related to criminal investigations into Epstein, the late American financier who befriended Trump in the 1990s, in an effort to comply with a law passed by Congress in November.
Republicans and Democrats in Congress passed the legislation over Mr. Trump’s objections, requiring all documents to be released by Dec. 19 and allowing partial redactions to protect victims.
The disclosures so far have included sweeping redactions that have done little to defuse a scandal that has angered some Republicans and threatens the party ahead of the 2026 midterm elections.

In a message shared on social media Wednesday, the Justice Department said more than a million additional documents potentially related to Epstein had been uncovered by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan, but did not provide details about when or how the documents were discovered.
“We have lawyers working around the clock to review and make legally necessary corrections to protect victims, and we will release the documents as soon as possible,” the ministry said.
“Due to the sheer volume of material, this process may take several more weeks.”
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
National Sexual Abuse and Resolution Support Service 1800 211 028

