google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Federal judge blocks Trump administration from ending temporary legal status for many Haitians

New York (AP) – A federal judge in New York on Tuesday prevented the Trump administration from terminating temporary legal status for more than 500,000 Haitis in the United States.

Brian M. Cogan, the judge of the Regional Court, in New York Temporary Protected Status or TPSSome of them are illegal for at least five months for the Haitians who have been living in the US for more than a decade.

According to the Court documents, the Biden administration expanded Haiti’s TPS status by at least 3 February 2026 due to gang violence, political unrest, a large earthquake in 2021 and a few other factors.

But last week, Department of Internal Security announced that Terminate these legal protections September 2, as soon as possible, prepares the Haiti to deport potential. The department said that the conditions in the country have healed and that the haitians no longer meet the conditions of temporary legal protections.

The decision comes with President Donald Trump’s work to end the programs for immigrants as part of the promises of mass deportation.

23 -page view of the judge, Department of Internal Security Movement for termination legal guards Early violates the TPS regulation, which requires a certain notification before reviewing an assignment.

According to the decision, “When the government provides a benefit for a fixed period, a benefit can at least expect this benefit to take this benefit to the end of this fixed period”.

The judge also referred to the fact that the plaintiffs started to receive medical treatment with the expectations that the plaintiffs started to work, that they registered in schools and that the country’s TPS appointment would continue until the end of the year.

The Service Employees who sued the International Union Local Union 32BJ President Manny Pastreich described the decision as “an important step ,, but the fight was not over.

“We will continue to fight to ensure that this decision has been approved,” Pastreich said in a statement. He said. “Against the Trump administration of our members and all immigrants – we will continue to fight in the streets, in the workplace and the courts. And we win when we fight.”

DHS did not respond immediately to an e -mail requesting a comment from Associated Press. However, the government is a temporary program of the TPS, and therefore, “The termination of a country’s TPS appointment is a possibility that beneficiaries should always wait.”

According to the case, Haiti’s TPS status was activated in 2010 in 2010 and extended many times.

According to one, the gang violence has displaced 1.3 million people throughout Haiti as the increasingly increasing crisis of the local government and the international community. Report from the International Migration Organization. 24 % increase displaced people The report said that the armed men chased 11% of the population of approximately 12 million of Haiti’s homes.

In May, Supreme Court Trump allowed the administration to reduce temporary protected status 350,000 from VenezuelalıPotentially exposure to deportation. Order The decision of a federal judge In San Francisco holding legal guards in place.

The judge’s decision in New York cancels the legal guards for thousands of Haitilis who are legally coming to the United States with the Human Conditional Evacuation Program to the Heels of the Trump administration.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button