google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

India offers to help Bangladesh restore Satyajit Ray’s home

Satyajit Ray began to compose music for a film. File | Photo Loan: Acid Poddar

On Tuesday, India asked the Bangladesh government to stop the destruction of Satyajit Ray’s ancestors in MyMensingh and offered to help the property care and restoration.

In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MEA) reminded the provisional government the iconic status of the rays in the “common cultural history ın of the lower continent.

MEA, “Grandfather and Seçkin Litterateur, Upendra Kishor Ray Chowdhury’ye MyMensingh, Bangladesh filmmaker and Litterateur Satyajit Ray’s ancestors of the destruction of the property,” he said.

Mea, Mea offers the Bangladesh government to cooperate with the government, “the building’s turning point status, Bangla cultural Renaissance symbolizing, rethinking destruction and repairing and restructuring options as a literary museum and a symbol of the common culture of India and Bangladesh,” he said.

The property, which is currently belonging to the Government of Bangladesh, is abandoned.

Previously, media reports from Bangladesh said that the ancestors of Rays from MyMensingh in East Bengal before 1947 were destroyed to lead to a new structure. The property, where the famous writer and publisher Upendrakishore Roychoudury, the grandfather of Ray, was taken over by the Pakistan government in 1947 and later served as a center for child education – MyMensingh Shishu Academy.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button