google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Iran signals willingness for nuclear deal ‘compromise’ if US eases sanctions | World News

Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi said Tehran was ready to consider “compromises” to revive the nuclear deal with the United States, provided Washington was willing to discuss lifting sanctions.

Speaking in an interview with the BBC, Takht-Ravanchi said it was up to the US to show its willingness to reach a deal. He added that if Washington shows real intent, it may be possible to move towards a renewed nuclear deal.

He said Iran is open to addressing concerns about its nuclear program, including its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, but only if Washington is ready to provide sanctions relief. However, he did not clarify whether Iran wanted all sanctions or only certain sanctions to be lifted.

Add Zee News as Preferred Source

Iran offers to dilute 60 percent enriched uranium

Takht-Ravanchi noted that Tehran’s offer to dilute its 60 percent enriched uranium was a sign of flexibility. The fact that uranium enriched to this level is near weapons grade fuels Western suspicions that Iran is moving toward developing nuclear weapons; The Islamic Republic has consistently denied this claim.

These words of Trump came at a time when the USA and Israel intensified the pressure on Iran regarding the nuclear issue.

USA and Israel increase economic pressure on Iran

According to the latest news, US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu agreed to increase economic pressure on Iran during their meeting at the White House on Wednesday. The talks reportedly focused on restricting Iran’s oil exports, particularly shipments to China, as part of a broader strategy to restrict Tehran’s revenue streams.

The renewed move follows the executive order Trump signed about 10 days ago, allowing for expanded economic action against Iran. The decision allows the US Secretary of State and Secretary of Commerce to propose tariffs of up to 25 percent on countries that continue to trade with Tehran.

Nuclear talks continue amid increased military presence

At the same time, diplomatic contact between Washington and Tehran appears to be continuing. The Swiss foreign ministry confirmed that a second round of talks on Iran’s nuclear program is planned for next week.

But even as negotiations progress, the United States is significantly increasing its military presence in the region.

Carrier strike groups USS Gerald R Ford and USS Abraham Lincoln, accompanied by guided missile destroyers, are already operating in the Arabian Sea.

Trump proposes leadership change in Iran

Trump suggested a change of leadership in Iran “would be the best thing that could happen” as his administration weighs its options if diplomacy fails.

Relations between the two countries have deteriorated following Iran’s recent crackdown on protesters, which has resulted in thousands of deaths. The United States has warned Tehran that it will face severe consequences if it does not agree to limit its nuclear program.

Despite the increased rhetoric and expanded military presence, both sides held indirect talks in Oman last week; This showed that diplomatic channels remained open even as tensions continued to rise.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button