Italy PM tells Gaza aid flotilla to stop or risk ‘preventing peace’

ReutersItalian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni stopped a fleet sail towards Gaza, saying that activists attempt to raise the US risk to end the war.
In the global Sumud Flotilla (GSF), more than 40 sailing boats were accompanied by an Italian sea frigate, which the Italian authorities would stop when the fleet was 150 naval miles (278km) from the shores of Gaza.
Shortly after reaching this point on Wednesday, GSF said it was a “high alarm” and the drone activity “increased” on the fleet.
Meloni added that the US proposal led to the hope of ending the Israeli-Hamas War, and that it is a fragile balance that many of it would be happy to destroy.
“I’m afraid that Flotilya’s attempt to break the Israeli naval blockade can serve as an excuse,” Meloni said. He said.
According to AFP news agency, Israel told fleets to deliver humanitarian aid to a port of Israel.
Fleet consists of more than 500 people, including Italian politicians and Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg.
In an article in Telegram, GSF said that now entering the region “where previous flotilatas were attacked and/or cut”.
The Italian authorities urged the fleet to accept a compromise and to release aid in Cyprus to avoid confrontation with Israel.
“Any other option is risky to prevent peace, fuel the conflict, and therefore to become an excuse to influence Gaza people.” He said.
However, the global Sumud fleet said he would continue to sail.
“The Italian navy will not remove this task. He said.
Last week, Italian Defense Minister Guido Crosetto condemned what unidentified perpetrators said there was a drone attack on a night on the fleet.
Italy and Spain, explosions, drone hill and communication jam – after reporting the explosions accusing Israel of “a dangerous climb”, then on the shores of Crete, then on the shores of Crete.
Israel did not comment on the incident – but over and over again, the fleet said it was Hamas operation without showing evidence.
Pope Leo XIV also expressed his concern for the fleet’s safety. “People from all sides, ‘I hope that there will be no violence, people will be respected’ they say. This is very important,” he said.
In an interview with the BBC on Sunday, Greta Thunberg returned to the critique of the fleet that it was a promotional stunt.
He said, “I don’t think anyone will risk his life for a promotional stunt.”
The US Peace Plan for Gaza proposes to be released within 20 hours, the remains of more than two dozens of hostages, which are believed to be dead for hundreds of detention, as well as hundreds of Israeli hostages held by Hamas.




