google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Khandre seeks CID probe following attempt to grab forest land

Environment Minister Eshwar Khandre has written a letter to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah seeking CID investigation against a person who submitted fake documents for allegedly grabbing 532 acres of forest and government land.

According to Mr. Khandre, a person named Nemanna Gowda filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court.

Based on the order of the Special Deputy Commissioner under the Inam Removal Act, Hassan obtained an order directing the authorities to transfer 532 acres of documents in his name within three months, including 482 acres of reserved forest land at BM Kaval near Kengeri, which he claimed was given to him.

In his letter, he stated that the Additional Government Counsel did not inform the government or the Forest Ministry in this regard until a day before the end of the 90-day period.

The Minister argued that the Additional Government Counsel instead submitted that this was not an appropriate case for filing an appeal and hence acted in favor of the petitioner.

He added that the Forest Department, upon coming to know about this land, said to be worth Rs 25,000 crore, held a meeting and instructed the officials to raise objections.

He said that this person had previously attempted to claim rights over government land using forged and forged documents.

Regarding this, Mr. Khandre wrote that in September 2024, Debjit Kumar, Sub-District Officer of Chikkamagaluru district, ordered criminal proceedings against this person.

In his letter, the minister added that after the BM Kaval issue came to his notice, he was directed to lodge a complaint at Chikkamagaluru police station. “Although a complaint was received by the Mudigere Circle Inspector on November 28, no FIR has been registered,” he wrote.

He appealed to the Prime Minister to constitute a special team or hand over the case to the CID to conduct a thorough investigation into this matter and take action against the guilty officers.

Mr. Khandre also directed that an investigation be conducted and action taken against the Assistant Deputy Conservator of Forests (ACF) for delaying in lodging the complaint even though the then Sub-Divisional Officer of Chikkamagaluru had directed action to be taken against those who created fake documents to encroach on government land.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button