google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

London New Year’s Eve fireworks warning as people told to avoid 9 areas – full list | UK | News

Hundreds of thousands of people flock to London every New Year’s Eve to enjoy the spectacular fireworks display over the River Thames. For those without official tickets to the event, there are many popular spots throughout the city where they can enjoy the show.

However, those who do not have a ticket will not be able to access most of central London. Authorities are urging people to avoid certain areas of the city, including around Big Ben, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Victoria Embankment, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Waterloo Bridge and Southwark Bridge. Members of the public are asked to avoid crowds on bridges, while other areas will be closed to revelers without tickets for the Mayor of London’s New Year’s Eve fireworks.

As reported by time outPaul Martinelli, chairman of the City Bridge Foundation, said: ​”Tower Bridge, London Bridge and Southwark Bridge provide a terrible view for the fireworks. Millennium Bridge will be closed and Blackfriars Bridge will be inaccessible to non-ticket holders.”

“We still expect to see significant crowding on bridges, which could pose a danger to all bridge users, including pedestrians and motorists who will use the bridges.

“We want everyone to have a happy New Year’s Eve, but if you’re after fireworks you’ll get a much better view watching the BBC broadcast at home or in one of London’s many bars and restaurants.”

Meanwhile, Primrose Hill will also be closed to the public as part of a cost-cutting measure. The park, which has magnificent panoramic views of London, attracted approximately 30,000 people last year.

However, it has been confirmed that Primrose Hill’s doors will be closed this year from 8pm on Tuesday 30 December until 6am on New Year’s Day. It comes as the Metropolitan Police begins prioritizing other parts of the city.

Commander Nick John, responsible for the Met’s New Year’s Eve policing, said: “The Royal Parks are urging people not to attempt to congregate in Primrose Hill this year and we will reiterate these appeals. Please make alternative plans. Anyone attempting to access the park will find this is not possible.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button