Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner refuses to speak to Met Police ahead of prison release

The force said he refused to interview before the release of the metropolitan police before the release of McCann’s disappearance.
The German national Christian Brueckner will be released from prison on Wednesday after serving a seven -year period to rape an old woman in Praia da Luz in Portugal, Portugal, in 2005.
Brueckner was not accused and refused to participate in the disappearance of three -year -old Madeleine from the same holiday town in 2007.
However, Brueckner continues to be suspicious in the investigation of Met – Portuguese and German authorities are investigating the disappearance.
However, after sending an international request letter to Brueckner to talk to the researchers, he rejected, rejected, appeared on Monday.
Detective Chief Inspector Markwell, a senior investigation officer in the investigation of Met, said that when there was no interview with Brueckner, the power will continue to continue to continue any appropriate investigation line ”.
He said: “For several years, we worked closely with our police colleagues in Germany and Portugal to support Madeleine McCann’s disappearance and to support Madeleine’s family to support what happened in Praia da Luz on the evening of May 3, 2007.
Uz We are aware that a 49 -year -old German man, the primary suspect in the German Federal investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine, was released from the prison.
“We can confirm that this individual remains suspicious in his own investigation of the metropolitan police.
“We have requested an interview with the German suspect, but for legal reasons, it can only be done with an international request letter sent.
“Later was rejected by the suspect. In the absence of an interview, we will still continue to maintain any current investigation line.
“We cannot provide more information while the investigation continues.”
Since the disappearance of Madeleine, a series of search has been made by the German, Portuguese and British authorities – the last one took place in June near the Municipality of Lagos.
In 2023, the inspectors carried out searches near Barragem Do Arade reservoir, about 30 miles away from Praia da Luz.
Brueckner spent time in the area between 2000-2017 and had photos and videos near the reservoir.
In October last year, the suspect was cleared by a German Court of indifferent sexual crimes in Portugal between 2000-2017.
The total financing, which was given to the Grange Operation of Met of Met, was guaranteed by £ 108,000 from the government in April, and since 2011, it was more than £ 13.2 million.




