Meghan Markle’s new documentary struggles due to one ‘really awful’ factor | Royal | News

There is no public confirmation yet that the film has been sold to a distributor, and the International Documentary Association reports: “A few non-fiction films have arrived at the Festival with distribution, but the vast majority of documentaries are still looking for a home, with not a single acquisition deal reported so far.”
As reported news weekThe film’s director, Alysa Nahmias, told the International Documentary Association: “The market is really bad right now and it’s very difficult for most of us. We can choose to feel powerless – or maybe we are powerless – but I want to believe that things can change.”
The film premiered on January 25 at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. Although Meghan and Prince Harry are not featured in the film, they are named executive producers and attended the screening.
The documentary follows four Girl Scouts as they bake and sell cookies.
Inside the theater, Meghan took to the stage to introduce Nahmias ahead of an early morning screening of the film.
“Yes, it’s probably the sweetest movie of the festival,” he said. “But I will also go out on a limb and say that this is one of the most powerful and meaningful depictions of the American tradition.”
***Make sure our latest royal headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us your Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as a Preferred Source in your Google search settings. ***
Describing the film, Meghan said it was “something rooted in nostalgia” and re-examined it through the creative lens of director Alysa Nahmias to offer a modern take on “the girlhood experience.”
The documentary was directed by Alysa Nahmias and was in partnership with Archewell Productions, Beautiful Stories and AJNA Films.
The project is a personal one for Meghan, a Girl Scout who grew up in California with her mother, Doria Ragland, who took on the role of troop leader.




