google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Melbourne Symphony Orchestra performance in London interrupted by pro-Palestine protestors | Australia news

The pro -Filestin protesters cut a performance by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO) in the BBC Proms in London, and accused the organization’s administration of silencing the artists criticizing Israel’s behavior in Gaza.

The Palestinian group Jewish artists interrupted their performance for more than 10 minutes on Friday night, and some members shouted from the top stalls of Royal Albert Hall, including MSO’s allegations of “silenced artists” and “silenced protest”.

The videos uploaded to the social media of the protest carry some members of the group with the name of “Jewish artists for Palestine ve and the“ Fixed in Genocide ”reading.

“MSO has blood in his hand, dı he shouted during a protester deduction. “You silence Jayson Gillham.”

In a statement, Palestinian Jewish artists said, uz We reject Zionist financing, censorship and guilt in our cultural institutions ..

MSO was contacted for protest and response to the allegations.

Can you allow Instagram content?

This includes the content provided by the article: Instagram. Since we may use cookies and other technologies, we want your permission before installing anything. To view this content Click ‘Allow and Continue’ click.

Gillham, a famous pianist, is suing MSO on a canceled Melbourne concert, which he signed to take the stage on August 15, 2024. Gillham claims that the event was silenced by his attitude towards the crisis in Gaza.

Registration: AU Breaking News E -Post

Shortly before the cancellation was announced, Gillham played a short piece called witness composed by the Australian multimedia artist at a previous concert. Connor D ‘-NettoHe was dedicated to journalists who lost his life in Gaza conflict.

While introducing the work, Gillham addressed the audience by stating that more than 100 Palestinian journalists were killed and that the targeting of journalists in a conflict was a war crime within the scope of international law.

In an E -Posta sent to Matron, MSO said Gillham would no longer perform on August 15 due to a series of “a series of promotions” made without MSO’s “approval”.

He added that Gillham’s words were caused by “distress ..

Later, MSO made a statement that denies that Gillham had been discriminated against because of his political views, and saying that the action administration took response to the artist’s interpretations of the artist.

However, MSO management said that he made a “mistake” to cancel the performance, saying, uz We are interested in Jayson and his management in a constructive way and we tried to plan the concert again ”.

SPREAD THE PAST BULLETIN PROMOTION

On Friday, the deduction was welcomed by booing by some parts of the crowd. BBC, who published the performance, apologized for the hitch.

The BBC spoke to Angela Tanner, a member of the spectator who said that lifting the protesters took the security of the safety for a long time ”.

“The whole program had to start again and after the piano was put on the stage and re -removed, it was taken into a different order” Told to BBC.

In a statement Reported by BBC“There was a discomfort to the ball tonight this evening, which means that the concert was paused for a few minutes and the live broadcast on BBC Radio 3 was directed to previously recorded music,” he said.

“The incident was rapidly discussed by the royal Albert Hall.

BBC spokesman, “Our priority is always the safety and prosperity of everyone who participates in BBC Proms, and we want to thank our staff and the artists who at least help to disrupt the reaction,” he said.

In May, the Federal Court ordered Gillham to continue the trial on December 1st.

Gillham was contacted for a comment.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button