‘Or it’s going to be unfortunate’: Trump gives ’10-15 days’ ultimatum to Iran for nuclear deal | World News

US President Donald Trump issued a harsh warning to Iran, saying that Tehran has 10 to 15 days at most to reach a nuclear agreement with the US, otherwise “unfortunate” consequences, including possible military action, may be encountered.
Speaking to reporters on Thursday, Trump said efforts to reach an agreement on Iran’s nuclear program were continuing, but time was running out. “We will either reach an agreement, or it will be an unfortunate situation for them,” he told the press, adding that 10 to 15 days would be enough time for Iran to respond to US demands.
Speaking earlier at the inaugural Peace Board meeting in Washington, Trump reiterated the ultimatum and said Iran must agree to terms that would end its destabilizing actions in the Middle East.
Add Zee News as Preferred Source
He said: “Now is the time for Iran to join us on a path that complements what we’re doing. And if they join us, that would be great. If they don’t join us, that would be great, too. But it will be a very different path.”
“They cannot continue to threaten the stability of the entire region. And they must make a deal,” he said, issuing a repeated warning that “bad things will happen” if Tehran fails to do so.
Trump also suggested Washington’s approach could escalate if negotiations fail. “Now we may have to go one step further, maybe not,” he said, adding that the decision to take military action could come in about 10 days.
The president’s remarks come amid a significant U.S. military buildup in the Middle East that officials say is aimed at putting pressure on Iran and preparing for possible military operations if diplomacy fails. According to media reports, the deployment includes two aircraft carrier strike groups, dozens of fighter jets, refueling tankers and advanced air defense systems, marking one of the most significant US military presence in the region since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Sources cited by CNN say that US forces may be preparing to strike Iranian targets “as early as this weekend” but that no final decision has yet been made by the president.
Trump has repeatedly called on Iran to completely abandon its nuclear program, including halting all uranium enrichment activities.
The US attacked military and nuclear sites across Iran in June last year in a 12-day war.
Iran has denied seeking nuclear weapons but insists on its right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes. Iranian officials have participated in indirect talks with U.S. representatives, including envoys explaining progress on the agreement’s general principles, but significant disagreements remain.
The American military build-up in West Asia includes dozens of aerial refueling tankers deployed by US Central Command, more than 50 additional fighter jets and two aircraft carrier strike groups, as well as their escorting destroyers, cruisers and submarines, The New York Times said in a report, citing US officials.
According to the report, the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R Ford was approaching Gibraltar on Wednesday to join USS Abraham Lincoln in the region.
Last month, the United States strengthened its presence in West Asia with advanced air defense systems, including Patriot missile defense batteries and Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) systems that can intercept Iranian ballistic missiles.


