Orsted files challenge over Trump’s halt to Revolution Wind project

A turbine blade is lifted onto a rack near tower sections at the Revolution Wind project assembly site at State Pier on Friday, October 24, 2025 in New London, Connecticut, United States.
Bloomberg | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Danish renewable energy giant Orsted, the world’s largest developer of offshore wind farms. in question On Friday, it announced it was taking legal action against the Trump administration over the suspension of the $5 billion Wind of Revolution project.
Shares of the Copenhagen-listed company rose more than 4% on the news, placing it among the best pan-European performers. Stoxx 600 index.
Orsted said in a statement that he would ask the court for an injunction against the US government’s decision to halt the Revolution Wind project, located about 24 kilometers south of the Rhode Island coast.
“As with the stop-work order in August 2025, the Revolutionary Wind Project… faces significant harm from the continuation of the rent suspension order. As a result, litigation is a necessary step to protect the Project’s rights,” Orsted said. he said.
“Revolution Wind has spent and committed billions of dollars in reliance on a comprehensive review process and met its demands,” the company added.
The pro-fossil fuel Trump administration suspended the leases of five major offshore wind projects, including Revolution Wind, on December 22, citing the reasons. national security concerns It was detected by the Pentagon.
The move is the latest in a series of blows against offshore wind developers; US President Donald Trump has previously described wind turbines as “ugly” and an economic and environmental “disaster”.
Revolution Wind is a 50/50 joint venture between Orsted and Global Infrastructure Partners’ Skyborn Renewables. One filing Orsted and Skyborn Renewables announced last year that they spent approximately $5 billion on the project.




