Trump reveals White House South Lawn octagon renderings for UFC Freedom 250

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
UFC Freedom 250 is fast approaching after nearly a year of planning, and President Donald Trump has given fans the first glimpses of what the octagon will look like on the South Lawn.
Trump has the fighters behind him for co-main events in the Oval Office on Wednesday — Alex Pereira will fight Cyril Gane, while Justin Gaethje will take on Ilia Topuria.
While hosting the fighters, Trump showed images of what the event would look like with the White House in the background and close to 4,000 seats surrounding the octagon.
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE SPORTS NEWS ON FOXNEWS.COM
President Donald Trump met with UFC fighters Alex Pereira, Ilia Topuria, Justin Gaethje and Ciryl Gane in the White House Oval Office on May 6, 2026, to discuss the June 14 UFC Freedom 250 event outside the White House. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
There will also be a makeshift arch covering the warriors to be illuminated.
I’m a big sports fan; There is no one stronger in sports than the people behind me. These are the most difficult. I know them all,” Trump said in the Oval Office.
Trump said the “great fight” would be “the greatest demonstration on earth.” He also said more than 100,000 people could watch the fights in Washington, D.C., from eight large screens near the White House.

President Donald Trump attends UFC 327 with UFC President Dana White at Kaseya Center in Miami, Florida on April 11, 2026. (Ed Mulholland/Zuffa LLC)
DANA WHITE REVEALS CRAZY DETAILS ABOUT UFC WHITE HOUSE FIGHTS, WHICH WERE ‘THE BEST THING ABOUT BEING FRIENDS’ WITH TRUMP
“What an incredible honor… It’s really special to have a president who’s willing to go against the upstream and the norm. That’s why you have my vote. And that’s why we’re such a great nation compared to where we are right now,” Gaethje said.
Gaethje also credited Trump for the UFC’s popularity today, saying they would have been “10 years behind” without Trump’s support in the early ’90s, when the UFC struggled to become a mainstay due to its violent nature.
Trump announced the event on July 3 last year, and UFC CEO Dana White confirmed the event the following month. It was announced in October that the event would take place on June 14, Trump’s 80th birthday, and Flag Day.
The event is part of the 250th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and an IndyCar race will also take place this summer as part of the America250 celebration.

President Donald Trump met with UFC fighters Ilia Topuria, Justin Gaethje and Ciryl Gane in the White House Oval Office on May 6, 2026, to discuss the UFC Freedom 250 bout scheduled for June 14 outside the White House. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
Michael Chandler will fight Mauricio Ruffy, and other fighters on the card include Bo Nickal and Sean O’Malley.
Follow Fox News Digital Sports streaming on Xand subscribe Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



