Royal Mail temporarily stops sending packages to US due to Trump tariffs

Royal Mail, Donald Trump’s management of low -valuable packages to enter a customs duties rule that allows to scrape the rules of the United States temporarily suspended parcels to the United States.
The President said that the packages of $ 800 (600 £) sent to the US last month would face valid tasks this Friday and end a gap known as the exemption of the “de minimus”.
This means that commercial transporters of low -valuable products will have to pay the same tariff rate as other goods from the same origin country. The products made in the UK will face a 10 percent tariff and a 15 percent tax from the EU.
However, gifts that are more valuable than $ 100 (75 £) will continue to be exempted with the sending of cards and letters that do not require customs declaration.
As a result of the changes, the Royal Mail participated in other European postal services in pause of shipments to the US as of Tuesday and allowed packages to arrive before the tasks begin.
A new service that is expected to be opened on Thursday for packages sent to the US – the US mail will be paid – will be paid.
The organization said that the postal pricing will remain the same, but the Royal Mail will add 50p per parcel transport fee to be invoiced as a transportation fee to the US to provide additional costs for providing openness services ”.
A spokesman told Independent: “We are working hard with US authorities and international partners to adapt our services to meet the minimal requirements in the new USA in order to ensure that the UK consumers and businesses can continue to use our services when they enter into force.
“Consumers who send gifts worth less than $ 100 will not have to pay for.”
The movement is likely to have a great impact on e-commerce companies that export low-valuable goods to the United States by entering approximately 1.4 billion packages into the country under the existing gap last year.
Meanwhile, postal services in other countries faced with higher tariffs for exports to the United States have also taken action.
DHL, the owner of Deutsche Post, said to the United States whether he can carry parcels and postal products from business customers ”.
A spokesman said: “Especially who will have to pay the tariffs and how additional data will be required and how to transfer the data to the US customs are continuing.”
Asian postal services, including the SingPost and the Ministry of Indian Duties, also announced that it plans to stop the Australian Posting of the Australian government.
“We were disappointed that we had to carry out this action, but because of the complex and rapidly developing situation, a temporary partial suspension was required to allow us to develop and practice a applicable solution for our customers.”




