Royal panic over rumoured Andrew tell-all – ‘final nail in the coffin’ | UK | News

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may be writing a “kiss and tell book” after the latest release of the Epstein files saw him move from the Royal Lodge to Sandringham overnight.
Former Royal photographer Ian Pelham Turner suggested that any memoir of Andrew would be “the final nail in the monarchy’s coffin”.
He said: “There are persistent rumors that Andrew is writing a kiss-and-tell book about the whole affair; if that happens it could be the final nail in the monarchy’s coffin.”
Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing. While many members of the Royal Family, including Prince William, Princess Kate and Prince Edward, made statements, Pelham Turner claimed that they were “circling the wagon” to protect the Company.
Pelham Turner said: “William and Kate released a statement this afternoon saying their deepest sympathies go out to the victims. The royal family is slowly circling the wagons, figuratively, and Prince Edward has expressed deep concern for the victims.” he said.
Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace said on Monday that King Charles was ready to “support” UK police investigating allegations that former Prince Andrew gave confidential information to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The statement comes after Thames Valley Police said in a statement on Monday that “UK police are investigating allegations that the former Prince Andrew provided confidential information to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.”
The announcement follows a statement from Thames Valley Police on Monday saying they were “assessing” reports that Andrew sent trading reports to Epstein in 2010.
The force, which covers an area in west London including Mountbatten-Windsor’s previous residence, has previously said it was examining allegations that Epstein took a young woman to England to have sexual intercourse with Andrew, also in 2010.
“The King has made clear through words and unprecedented actions his deep concern about the allegations that continue to come to light about Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct,” the Palace said in a statement.
“Whilst the specific allegations in question are a matter for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if Thames Valley Police contact us we are ready to support them as you would expect.”
Pelham Turner added: “I think there will be even more pressure on Andrew to attend a court in America to respond to the allegations, because his recent fall from grace, the British public and media now smelling blood and hiding in Sandringham won’t help either.”
The predicament facing the royal family was made clear on Monday when Charles visited Lancashire in northwest England. While the majority of the crowd was clapping, cheering and waving flags, one person asked, “How long have you known Andrew?” he shouted.
“As head of the Royal Family, King Charles will face an ongoing barrage of criticism for future visits to America that do not bode well for him in the UK and worse,” Pelham Turner added.
Concerns about Mountbatten-Windsor’s links to Epstein have dogged the Royal family for more than a decade.
The late Queen Elizabeth II Elizabeth forced her second son to relinquish his Royal duties and halt his philanthropic efforts in 2019, after he attempted to justify his relationship with Epstein during a disastrous interview with the BBC.
When more details of the relationship emerged in a book published last year, Charles revoked his right to be addressed as prince and ordered him to vacate the Royal residence near Windsor Castle.
But the Justice Department documents led to renewed scrutiny of Mountbatten-Windsor as journalists focused on numerous email correspondence between Epstein and the former prince; Many of these occurred after the financier was convicted in 2008 of soliciting a minor for prostitution.




