Rwanda’s Kagame unsure if peace with Congo will hold

Rwanda President Paul Kagame warns that a US peace agreement is not sure whether it will be with the Democratic Republic of Congo and that it will respond to any “tricks” from its neighbor.
The agreement signed last week wants Rwanda troops to withdraw from Eastern Congo within 90 days, and the United Nations said they supported the M23 rebels who seized the largest cities of the region earlier this year.
Rwanda refused to help M23 and says that his forces were acting in defense against the Congo army and ethnic Hutu militias of 1994 Rwanda genocide, including democratic forces of Rwanda’s liberation (FDLR).
Kagame said that Rwanda decided to implement the agreement, but Congo could fail if he did not meet his promises to neutralize the FDLR.
“If the side we work with the games is cheating and taking us back to the problem, we’re interested in the problem as we’ve dealt with.” He said.
Authorized, US President Donald Trump’s participation in mediation efforts, he said he was grateful.
“If it doesn’t work, they’re not those to be blamed,” Kagame said.
There was no immediate response from Congo, who accused Rwand of being aggressive regularly.
Kagame’s words have been open to the public since June 6. Since then, he did not see that he had participated in events until June 24, and the Presidency usually had no activity in the intensive social media accounts during this time.
His absence led to speculation in his health among Rwanda opponents outside the country. David Himbara, a former Kagame advisor, said that he turned into critics living in Canada and that Kagame was sick many times on social media.
He asked for an answer, brushed the paper reports. “Some of my personal health problems can be caused by managing you,” he said.
“What is the problem? What do people want me to take into account? Because I’m not human?” At the press conference, he added that he did not behave well in any way.
The Congo government and on Thursday, M23, said they would send the delegations back to Qatar for parallel talks aimed at ending the conflict.
The Trump administration endangered the possibility of a separate investment agreement that could unlock the Western investment in regional supply chains for minerals such as tantal, gold and copper.


