google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Australia

S Korea can’t pay $US350b to US for tariff deal: aide

28 September 2025 02:33 | News

Seoul says that US President Donald Trump proposes under an agreement to reduce tariffs and seeks an alternative solution to South Korea’s investment in the United States of the United States, and a president consultant in Seoul.

A hand jamming agreement to reduce US leaders’ leaders from 25 percent to 15 percent in July, Trump, as previously imposed, said South Korea’s investment of US $ 350 billion ($ 535 billion) would be a credit and loan guarantee.

Trump said in a statement this week, South Korea’s investment would be “preliminary ,, despite the government’s opinion, such expenditures can make Asia’s fourth largest economy a financial crisis.

S South Korean National Security Advisor WI Sung-Lac said on Channel A News Television, not a tactic of negotiating, but rather a level that we can manage objectively and realisticly, ”he said.

“We can’t pay $ 350 billion in cash,” he said.

South Korea promised US projects in July of 350 billion dollars, increased the US control demands on funds, and South Korean officials said that the formalization negotiations of officialization of trade agreements were locked.

On Thursday, Trump launched the amount of money that sweep tariffs brought to the United States: “In Japan, $ 550 billion in South Korea’s $ 350 billion.

Last week, South Korean President Lee Jae-Myung said Reuters would enter the crisis if it was done to make a big expenditure without assurances such as money exchange, which is the South Korean economy, which is $ 410 billion foreign exchange reserves.

Lee’s senior security adviser Wi said no one would question South Korea’s position on the feasibility of the amount.

South Korea’s “We are discussing alternatives,” he said, the country is hosted by the country next month and is expected to conclude the trade agreement with the United States, the country is hosted by the Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) group aims to a summit.


Australian Associated Press is a beating heart of Australian news. AAP has been the only independent national Newswire of Australia and has been providing reliable and fast news content to the media industry, the government and the corporate sector for 85 years. We inform Australia.

Last stories from our authors

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button