google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Cyclone Ditwah: Operation ‘Sagar Bandhu’ Intensifies, Last Batch Of Stranded Indian Passengers In Sri Lanka Evacuated | Latest Updates | India News

Cyclone Ditwah: Flooding has wreaked havoc in parts of Colombo as Sri Lanka deals with the aftermath of Cyclone Ditwah. Meanwhile, the last batch of stranded Indian passengers have been evacuated under Operation ‘Sagar Bandhu’ at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, the Indian High Commission in Sri Lanka said on Monday.

India launched ‘Operation Sagar Bandhu’ to assist Sri Lanka following the devastation triggered by Cyclone Ditwah.

The stranded passengers were seen off by Indian High Commissioner Santosh Jha before boarding an Indian Air Force flight to Thiruvananthapuram, the Indian High Commission in Sri Lanka said in a post on social media platform X (formerly Twitter).

Add Zee News as Preferred Source

“Operation Sagar Bandhu brings smiles to faces. The last group of Indian passengers stranded at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo in the wake of Cyclone Ditwah chant ‘Bharat Maata ki jai’ slogans as High Commissioner Santosh Jha bids them farewell before boarding the Indian Air Force flight to Thiruvananthapuram,” the post read.

Also Read: Cyclone Ditwah: Death Toll Rises to 193 in Sri Lanka; NDRF on High Alert as Rain Affects Puducherry, Tamil Nadu

Operation ‘Sagar Bandhu’ Intensifies

Operation Sagar Bandhu has intensified as C130J aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) landed in Colombo, bringing more humanitarian supplies amid the devastating Cyclone Ditwah, the Indian High Commission to Sri Lanka said.

Rescue supplies include approximately 4 tons of BHISHM modular trauma cubes and approximately five tons of medical supplies.

The High Commission said in a post on units and compact surgical stations designed for disaster situations.”

Earlier in the day, the Indian High Commission in Sri Lanka established an additional emergency helpline to provide support to distressed Indian citizens in Sri Lanka.

A post on

Meanwhile, ANI reported that the death toll from Cyclone Ditwah in Sri Lanka has increased to 193, while 228 people are still missing.

(with ANI entries)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button