The suspect in a car-ramming attack on a German Christmas market is charged with murder

Berlin (AP) – A Deadly Suspect car raming attack Prosecutors said on Tuesday that he was accused of murder, murder and physical harm in a Christmas market in the German city of Magdeburg.
Five women and a child died and more people were injured in the attack that lasted more than a minute on December 20th.
Authorities defined suspicious As a 50 -year -old Saudi doctor who came to Germany in 2006 and received permanent residence. They did not officially publish the name in accordance with the German Privacy rules.
In a state court in Magdeburg, prosecutors say he was accused of six murders, 338 murder attempts and 309 physical damage. He is also accused of dangerous intervention in road traffic.
Murder charges are sentenced to maximum life in prison. The Magdeburg court will decide that the case will not be tried.
Prosecutors, the man is not under the influence of alcohol, and apparently the attack “a civil legal dispute lesson and the result of the failure of various criminal complaints, dissatisfaction and disappointment,” he said.
They said he aimed to kill as many people as possible and had spent a few weeks to plan the attack without a criminal partner or someone who did not know his plans. The attack was carried out with a rental BMW X3 that reached 48 km / h during the ramp.
Authorities said the suspect did not comply with the usual profile of the perpetrators of the pro -excessive attacks. The man described himself as an old Muslim on social media, criticizing Islam.
The suspect had previously been interested in threatening behaviors of the authorities, but it was not known that he had committed any violence.



