Survivors reported after US military drone strike on drug vessel in Caribbean

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Two to three people survived Thursday’s U.S. military drone attack on a drug-smuggling ship in the Caribbean, a U.S. official told Fox News.
The partially submerged ship, which the source described as “large”, was operating in international waters when it was hit.
The US military mobilized search and rescue units, including a rescue helicopter, but it was unclear whether any survivors were rescued, the official said.
The extent of injuries was not immediately known, the official added.
TRUMP’S WAR ON THE CARTELS ENTERS NEW PHASE AS EXPERTS PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT
President Donald Trump targeted Venezuelan drug boats with military strikes. (@realDonaldTrump via Truth Social/AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
As Reuters first reportedThursday’s incident is the first known case of survivors since U.S. forces began a deadly campaign of attacks against suspected drug vessels.
The drone strike marked at least the sixth known incident in a quiet but increasingly intense US military campaign targeting drug boats.
The operation began last month and was linked to President Trump’s broader effort to dismantle transnational cartels by force.
CLICK TO REACH THE FOX NEWS APPLICATION
It is not yet clear how many crew members are on board.
This is an evolving story. Please check back for updates.




