World reacts to US bombing of Venezuela, ‘capture’ of Maduro

US President Donald Trump said that the US carried out a “large-scale attack” against Venezuela and its leader, President Nicolas Maduro.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump claimed that Maduro and his wife were “captured and taken out of the country” following an operation that he said was conducted “in conjunction with US law enforcement.”
USA carried out Strikes in Venezuela Early Saturday saw a dramatic surge that Venezuelans had been fearing for weeks.
US media outlets, including Fox News and CBS News, had previously reported that the US launched an attack on the South American country.
In his first statement, Maduro accused the United States of “an extremely serious military aggression.”
“Venezuela rejects, denies and condemns before the international community the extremely serious military aggression carried out by the current government of the United States against the territory and people of Venezuela,” Maduro’s government said.
Other countries also react to the attack.
Colombia
“We warn the whole world that they are attacking Venezuela,” Colombian President Gustavo Petro wrote on social media platform X.
“The Republic of Colombia reiterates its belief that peace, respect for international law, and the protection of life and human dignity must prevail over any armed conflict,” Petro said.
Cuba
President Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez issued a strongly worded condemnation on social media, accusing Washington of carrying out a “criminal attack” against Venezuela and calling for an immediate international response.
Diaz-Canel, in her post about
He ended the statement with the revolutionary slogan: “Either Homeland or Death, We Will Overcome.”
In a statement issued by various Cuban embassies around the world, Havana said it “condemns the US military aggression against Venezuela.”
The statement also calls the attack “state terrorism” and “demands an urgent response from the international community.”
Iranian
Iran’s foreign ministry said in a statement that it “strongly condemns the American military attack on Venezuela and the blatant violation of the country’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity.”
Russia
The Russian Foreign Ministry said Moscow was deeply concerned and condemned the “act of armed aggression” carried out by the United States against Venezuela. “In the current situation, it is important to prevent further escalation of tensions and focus on finding a way out of the situation through dialogue,” the ministry said in a statement.
“Venezuela’s right to self-determination without any destructive, military intervention from outside must be guaranteed,” the ministry said.
“We reaffirm our solidarity with the Venezuelan people and our support for the leadership’s policy of defending the country’s national interests and sovereignty,” the statement said.
Spain
In its statement, the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that Madrid called for de-escalation, moderation and respect for international law in Venezuela. He also offered himself as a “negotiator” to help find a peaceful solution in Venezuela.



