google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Noel Clarke loses libel claim against Guardian publisher

Actor Noel Clarke lost his allegation of slander against Guardian’s publisher to declare abuse allegations.

49 -year -old Clarke filed a lawsuit on seven articles and a podcast on a podcast, including an article that says that 20 women who knew him professionally in April 2021 with abuse allegations.

Clarke rejected the allegations, and the GNM defended his report both in the right and public interest. Ms. Justice Steyn rejected Clarke’s claim in a decision on Friday and said that the newspaper has managed to create both truth and public interest defenses to the allegation of slander.

“I accepted some evidence of Mr. Clarke… But in general I see that he is not a reliable or reliable witness.”

A hearing in the earlier this year is claimed to have shared his naked photos, caught them and asked him to look at him when he was exposed to more than one witness, who made charges against Clarke.

Clarke’s lawyers told the court that there was a conspiracy of people with financial and personal grins that designed their decline, because they couldn’t stand seeing BAFTA award.

Guardian Editor -in -Chief Katharine Viner said that the victory of slander against Christmas Clarke is a turning point for researcher journalism in England.

In a statement, he said: “Today, we welcomed the decision of the Supreme Court in a decision by Mrs. Justice Steyn in a decision of Christmas vs Guardian news and the media.

“This decision is a victory he deserves for women suffering from Christmas Clarke’s behavior. It is difficult and stressful to go to court, but more than 20 women agreed to testify in the high court, refusing to make bullying or scare.

“This is also an important judgment for preventive journalism and researcher journalism in the UK. It was important to fight this case. This was a deep -investigated investigation of some of the best reporters of Guardian. The decision is clear and fair for the public interest.

“I hope today will encourage other women in similar situations that are very scared to raise their voices to fear the results.”

The trial of the slander request was made from early March to the at the beginning of April at the Royal Justice Courts in London.

Christmas Clarke rejected the allegations reported in a series of articles of Guardian (Jordan Pettitt/PA) and a podcast
Christmas Clarke rejected the allegations reported in a series of articles of Guardian (Jordan Pettitt/PA) and a podcast (Pa wire)

Clarke, previously on TV shows, including Doctor Who, gave evidence for several days.

At one stage, he looked visible emotional because he claimed that the publisher had “smashed my life”.

He said: “With this garbage, they torn my life for four years with this nonsense. Four years.”

He continued: “I didn’t do this, I wouldn’t do that. I have children. This is not true.”

For the GNM, Gavin Millar KC said that there is no part of evidence ”that would support Clarke’s conspiracy claim and define it as“ ridiculous and quite helpless speculation ..

He said Clarke is a very clear reason to lie because it continues to lose too much ”.

In written presentations, Mr. Millar said that Clarke uses “to hunt and harassing female colleagues for a period of 15 years.

More follows …

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button