Major update after mum found dead in home as police search for ‘asylum seeker’ | World | News

Police have issued a major update after a mother was found beaten to death in her home, prompting officers to launch a massive manhunt to find the suspect. A Garda spokesman confirmed a person of interest had left Ireland before the victim’s body was found.
International law enforcement agencies are reportedly assisting with a murder investigation into the death of 43-year-old Jamey Carney, who was found dead at his home on Muckross Road in Killarney, Co Kerry, on Tuesday. Wednesday, Irish Mirror It said gardai were searching for a man in his 20s who was living at an IPAS center in Killarney after arriving in Ireland in mid-2024 as an international protection applicant. The suspect claims to be from the Middle Easthe had previously lived in France and knew Ms. Carney, occasionally staying at her home. There is an Irish Mirror sources now cited who reported this The suspect jumped out. Traveling from Dublin Airport to Istanbul late Tuesday morning.
As part of a new statement released on Thursday, Gardaí said: “An Garda Síochána continues to investigate all the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a woman’s body at a house in Killarney on Tuesday 7 July 2026.
“The stage at Muckross Road, Killarney has been preserved and technical investigation of this location is ongoing.
“An Garda Síochána is satisfied that a person involved in this investigation left the jurisdiction in the early hours of Tuesday 7 July before the dead woman’s body was located and reported to An Garda Síochána.
“As part of this ongoing investigation, An Garda Síochána is in contact with international Law Enforcement partners.
“This murder investigation is being carried out by the Kerry Division Serious Crime Unit, led by the Senior Investigating Officer, based in an incident room set up at Killarney Garda station.
“The investigation team is being assisted by national agencies including the Garda National Bureau of Criminal Investigation (GNBCI) and the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB).
“Gardaí continue to appeal for anyone with information about this incident to come forward and speak to the investigation team.
“Gardaí are appealing to any person who may have camera footage, including CCTV or dash cam, who was in the Muckross Road area of Killarney between 11pm on 6 July 2026 and 5am on 7 July 2026, to provide this footage to inquisitive Gardaí.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact Killarney Garda Station on 064 667 1160, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station. Inquiries are ongoing.”
Accordingly Irish Mirror, Investigators believe the suspect boarded a flight to Türkiye around 11 a.m. Tuesday.
The publication reported that this development was a significant setback as the suspect could use Türkiye as a stopover before traveling to his home country.
Although Türkiye has an extradition agreement with Ireland, extradition can only take place if the Director of Public Prosecutions allows criminal charges to be filed.
Although Ireland does not have a formal extradition agreement with the suspect’s home country, extradition may still be possible if authorities agree to a specific Irish request.



