google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

School Van Driver Arrested for Molesting 4-Yr-Old Girl

Mumbai: Maharashtra has been rocked by yet another case of child molestation in Mumbai’s satellite town Badlapur after a four-year-old girl student was allegedly molested by the school minibus driver. The suspect was arrested following public reaction and a complaint from the girl’s family.

A 37-year-old school minibus driver has been arrested on charges of molesting a four-year-old girl and a case has been registered against him under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act. He appeared in court on Friday and was remanded in police custody until January 27.

According to the police, the victim is a third-year KG student of an English medium school located about three kilometers from his home. The incident took place on Thursday, when the defendant was dropping the child home after school. The girl who the defendant allegedly touched inappropriately was the last student in the minibus. The incident came to light when the mother and father noticed changes in the girl’s behavior and questioned the girl.

The parents approached Badlapur police station and filed a complaint. The police launched an investigation into the incident and detained the suspect driver. Further investigation is ongoing.

“We have detained the minibus driver and a case has been registered against him on harassment and POCSO Act charges,” senior police inspector Kishore Shinde said.

The incident led to protests among citizens and tension in Badlapur. A group broke into the police station and damaged the school vehicle. Several volunteers and political leaders also reached the police station to protest.

Home Minister Pankaj Bhoyar called the incident ‘shameful’ and confirmed the arrest. He said the education department had already issued safety guidelines for schools and stringent action would be taken against those found violating the rules.

Maharashtra Congress chief Harshvardhan Sapkal slammed the government over the Badlapur incident and said it was a reflection of the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.

“The incident of sexual assault on a minor girl in Badlapur is infuriating and shameful. As criminals of all stripes are wreaking havoc in Maharashtra, the government and the law seem helpless. The rulers no longer have the courage to take action against the criminals. Devendra Fadnavis is the most passive, inefficient and irresponsible chief minister Maharashtra has ever seen,” Sapkal said.

The incident follows a similar high-profile case in Badlapur in August 2024, where a school cleaner sexually harassed two four-year-old girls. This case led to mass protests, including the ‘Rail Roko’ agitation, and the accused was later killed in an alleged encounter with the police on his way from court to prison.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button