Three arrested after boy, 14, shot dead in London

Three teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 14-year-old boy was shot dead in south-east London.
The Metropolitan Police said officers received reports of a shooting on Lord Warwick Street in Woolwich at around 3.40pm on Thursday.
Two boys, aged 14 and 16, and an 18-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police had previously identified the victim as a male in a press release, but confirmed on Friday that he was a 14-year-old boy.
Detective Chief Inspector Lucie Card said: “Our thoughts are with the boy’s family and loved ones.
“We are aware of the concern this incident has caused in the local community.
“We have already detained three people and our investigation continues apace. There continues to be an increased police presence in the area.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time, has CCTV or dashcam footage of the incident, or has information that could help my officers come forward.”




