Chinese national sentenced for North Korea smuggling

The photos of the gun and the military electronic parts of Shenghua Wen’s phone.
Courtesy: US Department of Justice
In a statement on Tuesday, the Ministry of Justice was sentenced to eight years in prison for a conspiracy for Chinese citizens, weapons, ammunition and sensitive US technology to illegally miss North Korea.
Shenghua Wen, 42, Guilty guilty In June, a conspiracy to violate the law of international Emergency Economic Authorities and to act as an illegal representative of a foreign government.
Wen confessed that the smuggler in the transport containers, which he claimed wrongly, had been filled with consumer goods of China.
Wen said North Korean officials kept about $ 2 million wired to buy weapons and other products. criminal complaint Los Angeles at the Federal Court.
US regional judge Stephen Wilson sentenced Wen to court on Monday.
Lawyers from the Federal Public Defenders Office representing Wen did not respond immediately to their requests for comments.
Doj, a Chinese citizen who entered the US in 2012, has lived illegally in the country since his student visa expired in December 2013.
Doj said that he had met with North Korean officials before entering the United States and directed him to supply goods for them.
Wen, Long Beach successfully exported at least two weapons and ammunition shipments from California to North Korea. complaint.
He described the content of one of these shipping containers as “one”freezer. “
According to the court certificate, when the Federal Agents called at his home in Ontario, California, California in August 2024, they seized another element aimed at identifying the “chemical threat identification device” and religious distribution devices.
According to the complaint, Wen admitted that he had bought these devices to send them to the North Korean army.
Less than a month, Feds said that he seized 50,000 bullets from Wen’s Van 9 mm ammunition and that it was intended to be sent to North Korea.
Federal has been detained since his arrest in early December.
Conspiracy accusation was punished for maximum 20 years in prison.




